Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-JFK. Convince me to choose JL F

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Just stumbled on this thread, having just booked SINJFK on JL myself. In my case, I'm doing the SINHND red-eye in J on the 772, and then HNDJFK will be in F.

Five hour layover, and I have an APEC card. I'm considering shooting into town, though it'll be early on a Saturday. Better simply to stick it out at the airport?

Looking forward to comparing JL and CX F, being much more familiar with the latter.

Best, Jamie
Nothing really opens until 9am or 10am, of course you can take a walk in the streets and enjoy the views.

Does the APEC Card give any quicker imigration flows in Japan? I have never noticed lanes for it. But I will look Again tomorrow morning. Anyway, immigration for the early Singapore flight is normally rather quick.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Nothing really opens until 9am or 10am, of course you can take a walk in the streets and enjoy the views.

Does the APEC Card give any quicker imigration flows in Japan? I have never noticed lanes for it. But I will look Again tomorrow morning. Anyway, immigration for the early Singapore flight is normally rather quick.
Let me know re APEC. Card just arrived, appears HND and NRT allow for it in the crew lanes. I'm contemplating hopping in a cab and going to Tsukiji for breakfast, but it will depend on how I sleep on the new J seat SINHND. Alternatively, would probably have JL F to myself for a few hrs.

Thanks for offering any APEC feedback.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Let me know re APEC. Card just arrived, appears HND and NRT allow for it in the crew lanes. I'm contemplating hopping in a cab and going to Tsukiji for breakfast, but it will depend on how I sleep on the new J seat SINHND. Alternatively, would probably have JL F to myself for a few hrs.

Thanks for offering any APEC feedback.

It is written pretty small, but it is there. The gates are to the far left in the immigration area.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Apr 19, 2017 at 8:13 pm
Old Apr 19, 2017, 7:03 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
It is written pretty small, but it is there. The gates are to the far left in the immigration area.
window.post_1492649821107_2 = function(win,msg){
win.postMessage(msg,"*");
}window.post_1492649822388_11 = function(win,msg){
win.postMessage(msg,"*");
}
So tiny that win.postMessage failed lol
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
So tiny that win.postMessage failed lol
When I post from my phone, that chunk is often added. Not by me. I usually delete, but sometimes I don't notice as I don't read the finished post....

Though sometimes it is annoyingly difficult to get rid off.... Four edit attempts today before I succeeded.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I wonder if that is the same lane as the fast lane for F pax. I don't recall seeing another priority lane besides that one on the far left hand side. The last time I used the fast lane, it was completely empty with no waits whatsoever. I just walked right up and was done in 30s. Meanwhile, the lines at general lanes were at least 200-300 ppl deep. It was a big life saver for me at 6:20pm after a long flight.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sleepro
I wonder if that is the same lane as the fast lane for F pax. I don't recall seeing another priority lane besides that one on the far left hand side. The last time I used the fast lane, it was completely empty with no waits whatsoever. I just walked right up and was done in 30s. Meanwhile, the lines at general lanes were at least 200-300 ppl deep. It was a big life saver for me at 6:20pm after a long flight.
This was Haneda, there is no fast lane for F in Haneda.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:33 am

This was Haneda, there is no fast lane for F in Haneda.
My mistake. Yes, I was referring to NRT.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:04 am

My mistake. Yes, I was referring to NRT.
Still unclear to me.

I'm arriving once in NRT and once in HND in coming weeks.

Which have APEC lanes and which have F lanes for entering Japan?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:30 am

Still unclear to me.

if you arrive at NRT on JL F, you will have access to the fast lane since you will be provided with a voucher for that. I was just wondering if that was the same lane used by APEC card as I didn't recall seeing another priority lane.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:54 pm

if you arrive at NRT on JL F, you will have access to the fast lane since you will be provided with a voucher for that. I was just wondering if that was the same lane used by APEC card as I didn't recall seeing another priority lane.
Thanks for this. I'm sure I'll whip through with the voucher. But it'll be my first time with my APEC card, so I'm tempted to go looking for THAT line, simply to experiment with using it. I suppose it depends on how tired I am. I'm guessing it may be the same line for F, crew & APEC. I'll report back in a few weeks.

Jamie
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still unclear to me.

My bad, your original post only mentioned SIN JFK via HND, so I was being a bit inspecific on the airport.

HND the gate for APEC cards are to the far left of the immigration area. Next to the automated gates, and together with the crew lines. I have not been to Narita so I can't talk about that, but as correctly pointed out the F fast track is on the right hand side of the immigration area.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:39 pm

My bad, your original post only mentioned SIN JFK via HND, so I was being a bit inspecific on the airport.

HND the gate for APEC cards are to the far left of the immigration area. Next to the automated gates, and together with the crew lines. I have not been to Narita so I can't talk about that, but as correctly pointed out the F fast track is on the right hand side of the immigration area.
Many thanks for this. Does APEC speed things along when departing? I'm only departing from HND, unless I choose to exit the following week SINHNDJFK.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many thanks for this. Does APEC speed things along when departing? I'm only departing from HND, unless I choose to exit the following week SINHNDJFK.
I could not look for that one, I was already out of Japan when you asked initially. As both Japanese and foreign passports go in the same lines I would suspect not. But you then get to update the forum on this part of it
Old Apr 20, 2017, 5:55 pm

I could not look for that one, I was already out of Japan when you asked initially. As both Japanese and foreign passports go in the same lines I would suspect not. But you then get to update the forum on this part of it
I really appreciate you taking the time. Thanks for all the input.

I'll definitely report back. JW Marriott SIN if you (or anyone) has a view. Not enamored with SPG choices there. Also, any recent JL check-in experiences at SIN are welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.