Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to announce new medium term management plan with new routes on Apr 28 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL to announce new medium term management plan with new routes on Apr 28 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:07 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
Probably won't be serving 2 full meals in Y, may just be 1 full meal before landing and thats' it.
Seems so, at least in J class http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/goodsleep/

In Y like you said, just breakfast before landing
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:30 am
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by JALlover
p.s And whats with both big Japanese carrier (JL and NH) not offering anymore ICN flight? Doesn't look good if only relying on their Korean counter-part to provide the service
From HND NH and JL can both serve GMP, which is fine with their target segment (O&D passengers to Korea). They're not looking to feed passengers connecting in ICN onto KE or OZ to international destinations.

Last edited by armagebedar; Jul 12, 2017 at 3:39 am
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
This will screw so many pAAssengers who bought the mistake F fare from Seoul

Now start the speculation on where "elsewhere" is
The fare was only available in December 2016 so no one is screwed cause you cannot book February 2018 as end date.

Speculate elsewhere as LAX.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:45 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
The fare was only available in December 2016 so no one is screwed cause you cannot book February 2018 as end date.

Speculate elsewhere as LAX.
Boooooooooo I love seeing pAAsengers getting screwed lol

Another LAX? Ng just increased their LAX frequency and JL/AA got 4 daily combined already. Yield will take a hit if they further expand at LAX.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Kind of perplexing that they'd rather go through all that trouble to operate the 2nd flight from HND when they could have operated it from NRT instead.

Still, very interesting! I wonder who JAL bought the slot from.

If they ever decide to bring back the second Paris flight, I see them doing that from HND too (around midnight).
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
Kind of perplexing that they'd rather go through all that trouble to operate the 2nd flight from HND when they could have operated it from NRT instead.

Still, very interesting! I wonder who JAL bought the slot from.

If they ever decide to bring back the second Paris flight, I see them doing that from HND too (around midnight).
Narita would not allow for the current schedule. The challenge is that they can't arrive much earlier in LHR as there is a curfew. So between Narita and Heathrow curfews, an overnight flight does not work.

The last one SK sold was to an undisclosed buyer. But I don't think that was an early morning slot.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
I understand that the current flight isn't possible from NRT, which also has a curfew.

I just have to wonder if a daytime flight from NRT could have been a better choice. The extended lounge operation at HND plus needing more overnight staff is sure to weigh on the economics of the flight over time. And then there's Brexit.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Narita would not allow for the current schedule. The challenge is that they can't arrive much earlier in LHR as there is a curfew. So between Narita and Heathrow curfews, an overnight flight does not work.

The last one SK sold was to an undisclosed buyer. But I don't think that was an early morning slot.
And how many SS8 flights they have to operate to recover the slot cost? The chairman kept talking about they need to maintain the yield when launching for new service, i hope this is making them lots of money. Otherwise it will be sad to know there are no higher yield routes than this red eye LHR flight.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
And how many SS8 flights they have to operate to recover the slot cost? The chairman kept talking about they need to maintain the yield when launching for new service, i hope this is making them lots of money. Otherwise it will be sad to know there are no higher yield routes than this red eye LHR flight.
When SK sold one of their prime slots earlier, they got around 10 to 15 million USD for that if I remember correctly. A 161 seat plane is not a big one to recover that on, but then again, the value of the slot has no outlook to depreciate.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

http://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/124247

JL41便の利用客は、搭乗クラスにかかわらずサクララウンジを利用できるようにする。搭乗前に軽食を提供 することで、搭乗後の休息と睡眠を確保することが狙い。メインとなる食事は出発からおよそ7時間後、日本時 間で昼食時にあたる時間帯に提供する。
So no food until 7 hours after departure when it's lunch time in Japan. Just SKY OASIS for Y and PY, and hopefully ANY TIME YOU WISH menu in C
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/124247

So no food until 7 hours after departure when it's lunch time in Japan. Just SKY OASIS for Y and PY, and hopefully ANY TIME YOU WISH menu in C
It departs at 02:45, so meal at 9:45 not too bad if you had a late night snack before boarding. Most people would have had a normal dinner as well.

I find the concept overall very well constructed, and hope it is a success and the route remains.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

It departs at 02:45, so meal at 9:45 not too bad if you had a late night snack before boarding. Most people would have had a normal dinner as well.

I find the concept overall very well constructed, and hope it is a success and the route remains.
Only issue is if you are connecting and your incoming flight is late, then you will be starving! Or if you are not aware of this arrangement and didn't eat enough before you board. They'd better make sure everyone is aware of this at check-in.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Only issue is if you are connecting and your incoming flight is late, then you will be starving! Or if you are not aware of this arrangement and didn't eat enough before you board. They'd better make sure everyone is aware of this at check-in.
I never eat anything until breakfast on flights departing around 11pm or later. Whether they serve it or not. It would need to be a very serious delay to prevent people from being able to grab a snack in the airport if they lost dinner. The communication of this concept will be interesting....

But judgeing from some of the heated discussions there used to be about the service on JL1/2 and about the late night NH departures, I am sure this one will spark controversy as well.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

I never eat anything until breakfast on flights departing around 11pm or later. Whether they serve it or not. It would need to be a very serious delay to prevent people from being able to grab a snack in the airport if they lost dinner. The communication of this concept will be interesting....

But judgeing from some of the heated discussions there used to be about the service on JL1/2 and about the late night NH departures, I am sure this one will spark controversy as well.
Yup, some pAAssengers just want to maximize the values of their grocery coupons
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:14 am

If the connecting flight is seriously delayed, then I guess what JL can do is offer them a bag of food for them to take on the plane when arriving at door for this flight?

As always, there will be controversy about this and complain will happen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.