JAL OLCI "Boarding pass will be ready"

Reply

Old Mar 14, 17, 2:29 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 89
JAL OLCI "Boarding pass will be ready"

Hi,
I completed web-check in several weeks ago and now as the time of 72 hours prior to departure has passed the web-check in should be open.

It said as I was looking at the OLCI page again several hours ago on JAL International that I have already checked in (correct) and that my Boarding pass will be ready soon.

Took another look just now and it still says so.

Not sure if I am too quick to expect it. Do you know if it will appear or be sent to me perhaps closer to departure?
fannys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 17, 2:52 pm
  #2  
jix
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: YYZ, NYC
Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, AA Gold, JGC Premier, IHG Platinum, UA Silver
Posts: 809
you can print BP 24 hours before departure time.
jix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 17, 3:15 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 89
Originally Posted by jix View Post
you can print BP 24 hours before departure time.
Alright, Ill keep on waiting. thank you for the information.
fannys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 17, 1:54 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 89
Hmm, seems I still have some issues checking in. Got this a few hours ago:

Web check-in is not completed
We could not confirm the necessary E-tickets, so Web Check-in is not available now. Please contact the JAL office near you

Not sure why they cannot be confirmed, is it because of the rebooking perhaps?

It is possible to check in for the AY flight but afraid I might lose my seat selection on the JAL flight....
fannys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 17, 2:09 pm
  #5  
jix
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: YYZ, NYC
Programs: SPG/Marriott Platinum, AA Gold, JGC Premier, IHG Platinum, UA Silver
Posts: 809
Either there's really a problem with your ticket, or they may have oversold the flight and you have been upgraded to the next cabin, or they need to verify documents at airport.

Call to check.
jix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 17, 2:23 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 89
Alright I ll give it a try.

But can checking in the AY flight now make it worse? They say on the JAL OLCI that if I check in Finnair before the JAL flight I cannot select or change seat.

I did select a seat and every information is typed like passport number.
fannys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 17, 2:25 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 89
Hmm...

If your flight originates with another carrier and connects with Japan Airlines, your Japan Airlines flight has been checked in. Please revisit JAL.com and request check in and boarding passes for your originating flight.


The JAL service center does not open until 8 uk time as far as I can see.


Meaning I should check in AY? (which is my first flight)

Last edited by fannys; Mar 16, 17 at 2:33 pm
fannys is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 17, 8:55 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: SPG Gold, RC Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 87
Flying AA to LAX to catch JL LAX-NRT in F on the same PNR. OLCI was done at 72h window prior to departure. I understand the BP will not be available until 24h prior since it's ex-US, but is it normal to see the following message?

"Already checked-in (Pick up the Boarding Pass at Airport)"

I guess the message will disappear and the "Issue" button for BP will come alive at 24h mark?
sleepro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 17, 10:13 pm
  #9  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Originally Posted by sleepro View Post
Flying AA to LAX to catch JL LAX-NRT in F on the same PNR. OLCI was done at 72h window prior to departure. I understand the BP will not be available until 24h prior since it's ex-US, but is it normal to see the following message?

"Already checked-in (Pick up the Boarding Pass at Airport)"

I guess the message will disappear and the "Issue" button for BP will come alive at 24h mark?
I don't recall seeing the pick up message but I could be wrong.
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 17, 1:54 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London
Programs: Thai Royal Orchid Plus Gold, BA Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Posts: 275
Originally Posted by fannys View Post
Hmm...

If your flight originates with another carrier and connects with Japan Airlines, your Japan Airlines flight has been checked in. Please revisit JAL.com and request check in and boarding passes for your originating flight.


The JAL service center does not open until 8 uk time as far as I can see.


Meaning I should check in AY? (which is my first flight)
If your first flight is AY metal, you need to check in with AY (whose OLCI opens at T-36).

Last time I flew LHR-HEL-NRT-CGK on JL code, the LHR-HEL leg on AY metal (the rest on JL metal). At T-72 I went to JAL to do OLCI as you did, got checked in and also got the "BP will be issued 24h before departure" message. At T-36 I then went to AY website to OLCI there, successfully printed my eBP for LHR-HEL and HEL-NRT (despite the latter flight being operated by JL).

​​​In my case, AY were not able to issue my onward BP for NRT-CGK (whether online or at HEL transfer desk), and on JL OLCI it never issued either even at <24h. But that was probably because I lucked out and got upgraded by JL on the final leg, so I had to pick up my BP at the NRT check in desk.
ChampagneSocialist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 17, 3:18 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: SPG Gold, RC Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 87
Still can't print out BP and it's now within 24h of departure. I assume AA can print out both BPs for me at my 1st sector airport.

Just in case, does anyone know if either Qantas 1st Lounge or One World Business Lounge at LAX can print out JL's BP? I am planning on staying airside after landing at LAX.
sleepro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 17, 3:37 pm
  #12  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Originally Posted by sleepro View Post
Still can't print out BP and it's now within 24h of departure. I assume AA can print out both BPs for me at my 1st sector airport.

Just in case, does anyone know if either Qantas 1st Lounge or One World Business Lounge at LAX can print out JL's BP? I am planning on staying airside after landing at LAX.
I only saw QF staffs there. JL staffs only went in to grab people during final calls. So most likely no.
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 17, 4:49 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: SPG Gold, RC Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 87
Thanks. How far ahead of boarding do the JL GAs usually show up by the gate?
sleepro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 17, 6:36 pm
  #14  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,838
Originally Posted by sleepro View Post
Thanks. How far ahead of boarding do the JL GAs usually show up by the gate?
Sorry usually I am the last one to board so don't know about that. But usually gate agents are same as the check-in agents. And check-in closes at T-45min.
JALPak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 17, 7:12 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Programs: SPG Gold, RC Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Posts: 87
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Sorry usually I am the last one to board so don't know about that. But usually gate agents are same as the check-in agents. And check-in closes at T-45min.
Yeah, that sounds about right. I think there are airside multi-carrier kiosks between T4 and TBIT. I can try that tomorrow. Proberbly beats all other airside options.
sleepro is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread