Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL will discontinue Class J-e Coupon from Apr 1 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 8:46 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jmb/flyon/service.html

Information about Domestic Flight Class J-e Coupons
The awarding of Domestic Flight Class J-e Coupons as part of the FLY ON Upgrade Package will end on March 31, 2017 (flight date).
Eligible members who qualify for FLY ON status for the 2017 service year based on flight activity from January through December 2016 will receive Class J-e Coupons for 6 flight sectors that are valid until March 31, 2017. Please note the validity period of your coupons.
Coupon awarding schedule: Coupons will be added to your Class J-e Coupon account around February 2017.
So you will be given ~1.5 months to use the 2017 Class J-e Coupon. Why are they in such a hurry to terminate this benefit. They could have waited till March 2018 Now I can't reserve Class J with Yokoso in advance
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/jmb/flyon/service.html

So you will be given ~1.5 months to use the 2017 Class J-e Coupon. Why are they in such a hurry to terminate this benefit. They could have waited till March 2018 Now I can't reserve Class J with Yokoso in advance
I never got around to using any of them anyway. So I guess I will not miss them.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I never got around to using any of them anyway. So I guess I will not miss them.
They are nice for upgrading domestic leg of your international ticket too. Can't really get to the airport early to secure the cash upgrade.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: JGC Sapphire
Are they going to replace that benefit with something else? Or are they just removing the benefit entirely so that there's one less benefit for status members?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:17 pm

I believe this is a typo (They just copy and paste from the previous year), they should be valid till the end of March 2018. Fingers crossed.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:38 am

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
2016 Diamond/Premier selection
Diamond 40000 eJAL points and 20 class J e-coupons
Premier 20000 eJAL points and 10 class J e-coupons

2017 Diamond/Premier selection
Diamond 60000 eJAL points
Premier 30000 eJAL points

For me, 20000 eJAL points are better than 20 class J e-coupons.
I have still unused 17 class J e-coupons in my account.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Wasabi Tofu
2016 Diamond/Premier selection
Diamond 40000 eJAL points and 20 class J e-coupons
Premier 20000 eJAL points and 10 class J e-coupons

2017 Diamond/Premier selection
Diamond 60000 eJAL points
Premier 30000 eJAL points

For me, 20000 eJAL points are better than 20 class J e-coupons.
I have still unused 17 class J e-coupons in my account.
Does this mean JL is going to abandon Class J e-coupons???
Old Apr 1, 2017, 4:52 am
Original Poster

So sad I had 12 e coupons. They are all gone now. Really could use them for my MRs
Old Apr 1, 2017, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
So sad I had 12 e coupons. They are all gone now. Really could use them for my MRs
I had 12 as well. I had a few more over the years, and never used a single one.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: JGC premier
if you are doing MR, wouldn't it make sense to pay 1000 yen cash anyway so you'll earn the class J fop instead of the Y class fop? You won't earn the class J fop with these e-coupon.. anyway JL has been running a campaign for corporate customers that allows everyone automatic upgrade to class J on domestic Y seat fare for years, so for the typical elite corporate fliers, the increase in e-jal point benefit is better than the class J upgrade coupon benefit. I have never used mine all these years, except in one instance of domestic holiday
Old Apr 1, 2017, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bakaneko85
if you are doing MR, wouldn't it make sense to pay 1000 yen cash anyway so you'll earn the class J fop instead of the Y class fop? You won't earn the class J fop with these e-coupon.. anyway JL has been running a campaign for corporate customers that allows everyone automatic upgrade to class J on domestic Y seat fare for years, so for the typical elite corporate fliers, the increase in e-jal point benefit is better than the class J upgrade coupon benefit. I have never used mine all these years, except in one instance of domestic holiday
Yes, I always pay cash at check in to upgrade. The coupon is just for me to save my seat in Class J when I booked my flights with Yokoso.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.