Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

No priority check-in for business class at CTS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

I was on a flight from CTS to HND this past weekend in business and there was no business class check-in counters for JAL. When I asked the ground staff, they said only First Class and OW Emeralds (maybe Sapphire as well) could use the priority check-in counter, and had to wait in line for at least an hour to check in. In comparison, ANA at CTS has priority check-in for first, business, and *G.

Don't regularly fly JAL, is this the case for other airports?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jackson112233
I was on a flight from CTS to HND this past weekend in business and there was no business class check-in counters for JAL. When I asked the ground staff, they said only First Class and OW Emeralds (maybe Sapphire as well) could use the priority check-in counter, and had to wait in line for at least an hour to check in. In comparison, ANA at CTS has priority check-in for first, business, and *G.

Don't regularly fly JAL, is this the case for other airports?
Class J is not business class it is a premium economy. Nor does ANA have a business class domestic.

The first class check in is only for Emeralds, but I thought the Global Club counter should allow Sapphires as well. But yes Class J does not have a separate check in as far as I know.
​​​​​
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Ah ok, that makes sense. Was on an international ticket and the itinerary listed it as all business class.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by jackson112233
Ah ok, that makes sense. Was on an international ticket and the itinerary listed it as all business class.
If you were on an international ticket, and connected directly to the international flight, they should have sent you to the check in counter for international connections. I have never done that in CTS, so i don't know if there are Premium counters in that section.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.