Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL Group Announces Flight Frequency and Fleet Plan for FY2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL Group Announces Flight Frequency and Fleet Plan for FY2017

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:28 pm
THR

Well, please don't go there before June/July! Keep the 789 please
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by THR
Well, please don't go there before June/July! Keep the 789 please
I would expect the 789 to stick at least until winter schedule.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:05 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I would expect the 789 to stick at least until winter schedule.
Yea unless another engine software problem but this time JAL may not have enough planes to substitute all these 787 flights.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Depending on SS2 refurbish schedules. I personally expect SS2 to appear on all SS9/SS8 routes when demand is high and swap back and forth during high/low demand seasons.

SS2 has already flown NRT-CGK
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumitani
Depending on SS2 refurbish schedules. I personally expect SS2 to appear on all SS9/SS8 routes when demand is high and swap back and forth during high/low demand seasons.

SS2 has already flown NRT-CGK
Or SS7 in case of HNL

But isn't JL725 operated by SS2 is a downgrade in terms of capacity? It is one of the current SS7 flights.

Last edited by JALPak; Jan 23, 2017 at 3:05 am
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I am looking at flying JL772 SYD-NRT J one-way. Even if it is SS2, is it still OK to fly on day flight? what is your experiences? JL is still more direct than SQ which I already had it ticketed and guarantee flat beds on both legs.

Also regardless of SS2/SS9, how is the food on this route? Is it better than SQ?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kamchatsky
I am looking at flying JL772 SYD-NRT J one-way. Even if it is SS2, is it still OK to fly on day flight? what is your experiences? JL is still more direct than SQ which I already had it ticketed and guarantee flat beds on both legs.

Also regardless of SS2/SS9, how is the food on this route? Is it better than SQ?
The food is the standard long haul catering for JAL, which excellent J food. If it is better than SQ is always a matter of personal taste preferences. But I'd say yes.

I would not mind the SS2 seat for neither day nor night flights, but be sure to get a window rather than the middle. And if you have to get a middle, don't get the right hand side that has the high position when fully reclined.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
Or SS7 in case of HNL

But isn't JL725 operated by SS2 is a downgrade in terms of capacity? It is one of the current SS7 flights.
SS2 & SS7 has almost identical amounts of seats. SS2 has no F less C and more Y.

In the long term we could see SS9 moving away from CGK and SS2 moved in. With SYD going SS2.

JAL just needs additional long haul aircraft to open new routes or increase capacity after March 26th restriction stops!

We shall see what JAL updates in Aug/Sep when the additional SS9 frames comes in during the year
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SS2 & SS7 has almost identical amounts of seats. SS2 has no F less C and more Y.

In the long term we could see SS9 moving away from CGK and SS2 moved in. With SYD going SS2.

JAL just needs additional long haul aircraft to open new routes or increase capacity after March 26th restriction stops!

We shall see what JAL updates in Aug/Sep when the additional SS9 frames comes in during the year
They don't really have much on order now, until the A350 starts coming in. With Boeings current order slump, they may be able to get a few extra 77W pretty quickly. Otherwise they could lease extra capacity.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They don't really have much on order now, until the A350 starts coming in. With Boeings current order slump, they may be able to get a few extra 77W pretty quickly. Otherwise they could lease extra capacity.
5 SS9 to be delivered this year
Old Feb 1, 2017, 5:29 am
Original Poster

http://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/111143

2017年度からの中期経営計画は、4月末に通期決算と同時に発表。2月から3月に発表予定だったが、斉藤 専務は「慎重に策定している」と説明した。米国でトランプ政権が誕生し、外国企業や移民に対する厳しい施策 など、不確定要素が多くみられることから、動向の見極めに時間を要しているとみられる。
Looks like JAL will take its time to evaluate the current environment thanks to Trump. The medium term management plan is now pushed back to Apr. We need to wait at least till Apr to find out about JAL's expansion plan, that is if there's one.
Old May 29, 2017, 7:23 am
Original Poster

http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201705/004295.html

- NRT-CDG suspension from Oct 29 2017
- Daily NRT-MEL with SS8 from Sep 1 2017
- Daily NRT-KOA with SS6 from Sep 15 2017
Old May 29, 2017, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201705/004295.html

- NRT-CDG suspension from Oct 29 2017
- Daily NRT-MEL with SS8 from Sep 1 2017
- Daily NRT-KOA with SS6 from Sep 15 2017
A little surprised they didn't do PER instead of MEL. I figured going westbound would give some good options and MEL can easily be connected via SYD on QF.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MaHa
A little surprised they didn't do PER instead of MEL. I figured going westbound would give some good options and MEL can easily be connected via SYD on QF.
Even without the years of rumours and then confirmation a week ago, I dare say everyone else would have been surprised if they did fly to PER rather than MEL.

For travel in general, Perth is much smaller and most airlines from that part of the world either don't fly there at all (e.g. CA, MU) or fly twice the capacity to MEL as PER (e.g. TG, CX).

When it comes to filling premium cabins, the situation for PER is likely to be even worse. PER's main business travel is for mining, which is in a slump. MEL's main business travel is for manufacturing and there are some major partners for Japanese businesses located there.
Old May 29, 2017, 9:58 pm

I'm glad NRT-ICN survived. Earlier news article (saw at a.net) predicted those three and NRT-ICN suspension.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.