Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL will continue to interline to other oneworld carriers on separate PNRs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL will continue to interline to other oneworld carriers on separate PNRs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by gnomey
just want to confirm that JAL is still friendly for through check-in on different PNR, but with both legs on their own metal?

i m considering booking a flight that is SYD-NRT and NRT-USA (both JAL metal) but have to ticket these award flights separately due to the Aadvantage third region rule.

I have no problem paying the 2x award miles but I believe because they are separate bookings, they will have separate PNR

The two flights only have 1h layover transit time at NRT which fulfill MCT, but if i dont get to check-through bags then i am essentially toast..
JAL will still throug hcheck luggage on seperate tickets. Both JAL to JAL and JAL to other OW.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
JAL will still throug hcheck luggage on seperate tickets. Both JAL to JAL and JAL to other OW.
perfect, thank you
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:48 pm

Apparently JL/NU- AY is impossible due to different reservation systems. Agent tried over half an hour, but was unable to do so.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by reflektia
Apparently JL/NU- AY is impossible due to different reservation systems. Agent tried over half an hour, but was unable to do so.
Where were you originating from? There would need to be a counter for international connections to make it work.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 1:14 am

Where were you originating from? There would need to be a counter for international connections to make it work.
from OKA.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
I'm flying JL33 to BKK next week then have a Thai smile flight domestically in Thailand. Different PNRs obviously.
Does anyone know if JL will check bags through?

Thanks, Ed
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yellow_peril
I'm flying JL33 to BKK next week then have a Thai smile flight domestically in Thailand. Different PNRs obviously.
Does anyone know if JL will check bags through?

Thanks, Ed
Moat likely not. But do report back. But as you would have to reclaim luggage rather than go through the CIQ process, and through check is of limited value anyway.
yellow_peril likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:20 pm

Travelling later this year from HND - FUK - HEL - AMS (JL - AY - AY) on a single PNR followed by a separate AMS - LHR with BA. Will JL be able to through check all the way from HND to LHR? I would've thought they would but just wanted to make sure especially considering that 3 Oneworld carriers are involved here and also includes a Japanese domestic - international transfer as well.

Thanks.
Nik
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coolnikhit28
Travelling later this year from HND - FUK - HEL - AMS (JL - AY - AY) on a single PNR followed by a separate AMS - LHR with BA. Will JL be able to through check all the way from HND to LHR? I would've thought they would but just wanted to make sure especially considering that 3 Oneworld carriers are involved here and also includes a Japanese domestic - international transfer as well.

Thanks.
Nik
It is still just across two tickets, adding the information from the second ticket in. And four legs should not be an issue from a system perspective. I would expect it to be no different than any other case. As long as your BA ticket is not HBO.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:00 am

It is still just across two tickets, adding the information from the second ticket in. And four legs should not be an issue from a system perspective. I would expect it to be no different than any other case. As long as your BA ticket is not HBO.
Thank you and no it’s actually an Award ticket from AMS - LHR which does include luggage (and extra allowance as we are a mix of OW Sapphire and Emerald). I read a comment in this thread that JL wasn’t able to issue boarding passes or interline with AY because of different systems? Is that not an issue any more?
Old Jan 4, 2020, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coolnikhit28
Thank you and no it’s actually an Award ticket from AMS - LHR which does include luggage (and extra allowance as we are a mix of OW Sapphire and Emerald). I read a comment in this thread that JL wasn’t able to issue boarding passes or interline with AY because of different systems? Is that not an issue any more?
You will get your AY boarding pass in Tokyo. Whether it is booked on an AY code or JL. No problems whatsoever. It has not been an issue at least since I started flying via Helsinki on JAL.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
I have a single PNR with two tickets, an AA ticket for SLC-LAX, and a JL ticket for LAX - HND - SIN. I an planning to book another ticket on MH from SIN to KUL. I don't want to clear immigration to handle bags in SIN.

AA will not interline bags to other carriers unless they are in the same PNR. If AA tags the bags until SIN, will I be able to to talk to JL agents in either LAX or HND to change the bag tags to KUL by showing them the additional reservation?

If this is not possible, is there a transfer desk in SIN I can go to that will fetch the bags and interline them to MH? I heard SQ has such a facility but what about JL or MH?

Thanks!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nort
I have a single PNR with two tickets, an AA ticket for SLC-LAX, and a JL ticket for LAX - HND - SIN. I an planning to book another ticket on MH from SIN to KUL. I don't want to clear immigration to handle bags in SIN.

AA will not interline bags to other carriers unless they are in the same PNR. If AA tags the bags until SIN, will I be able to to talk to JL agents in either LAX or HND to change the bag tags to KUL by showing them the additional reservation?

If this is not possible, is there a transfer desk in SIN I can go to that will fetch the bags and interline them to MH? I heard SQ has such a facility but what about JL or MH?

Thanks!
Singapore Changi Airport has a service where you can go to the transfer desk, with your luggage tag and your next ticket and get your bags retagged for your next destination. That is probably the easiest. This aplies to most airlines operating at Changi, I would exoect the LCCs to not opt in to this.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Singapore Changi Airport has a service where you can go to the transfer desk, with your luggage tag and your next ticket and get your bags retagged for your next destination. That is probably the easiest. This aplies to most airlines operating at Changi, I would exoect the LCCs to not opt in to this.
Thank you. Alternatively, will JL agents in LAX or HND be able to retag the bags from SIN to KUL (on an MH ticket)?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by nort
Thank you. Alternatively, will JL agents in LAX or HND be able to retag the bags from SIN to KUL (on an MH ticket)?
your situation is described here.
https://www.changiairport.com/en/air...e/transit.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.