Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL will continue to interline to other oneworld carriers on separate PNRs

JAL will continue to interline to other oneworld carriers on separate PNRs

Old Apr 20, 2021, 5:14 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Reading through this thread and it seems JAL will interline my bags on the following itinerary (all purchased through AA as award tickets):
  • PNR A - MIA-JFK on AA and then JFK-HND on JL
  • 5 hour layover
  • PNR B - HND-HKG-ADL on CX for both legs
Am I correct that JL will handle the transfer at HND to CX and check all the way to ADL? If the MIA-JFK leg causes a transfer problem at HND, I can book the MIA-JFK as a separate ticket and get the bags at JFK and check in with JL at JFK and check bags there. This is for a trip in January.

Thank you.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
In that case you are checking in with AA so the check through would have to be managed by AA. Or you need to short check to JFK, and then recheck with JAL in JFK. If you have time for that.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
In that case you are checking in with AA so the check through would have to be managed by AA. Or you need to short check to JFK, and then recheck with JAL in JFK. If you have time for that.
I don't believe AA will interline across PNRs, even if all OneWorld, so let's assume I short check and then check in with JL at JFK. In that case, will JL check my bags all the way through to ADL?

Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2021, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
I don't believe AA will interline across PNRs, even if all OneWorld, so let's assume I short check and then check in with JL at JFK. In that case, will JL check my bags all the way through to ADL?

Thanks!
​​​​​​
They would.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

off topic (AA interlining)

​​​​​​
Originally Posted by HofstraJet

Thanks!
​​​​​​They would.
Bag interling & protection on separate tickets are not one and the same
AA thread--> Separate ticketing / PNR: AA, oneworld, through baggage & protection issues > 2016
Click to open the wiki
Link--->https://www.aasaleslink.com/en-US/do...te_Tickets.pdf
Old May 28, 2021, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Baggage Drop Off at HND

Hello Flyertalkers,

Hope youre all keeping well. Im flying next May USM-BKK-HND in Jal J, and departing 6 hours later on a separate PNR in JAL F to LHR. I would prefer not to clear immigration and recheck given the Covid test requirements, so will JAL interline from USM all the way to LHR, or is there a way to connect and recheck bags at a connections/transfer desk in HND without clearing immigration? Thanks for your help!
Old May 28, 2021, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timfarr1
Hello Flyertalkers,

Hope youre all keeping well. Im flying next May USM-BKK-HND in Jal J, and departing 6 hours later on a separate PNR in JAL F to LHR. I would prefer not to clear immigration and recheck given the Covid test requirements, so will JAL interline from USM all the way to LHR, or is there a way to connect and recheck bags at a connections/transfer desk in HND without clearing immigration? Thanks for your help!
Since USM is a PG flight (most likely) they are the first ones you will have to deal with. PG is generally a flexible and very practical airline, so I'd say they could probably. But I don't know. Will probably be up to the agent of the day.

Next one, if PG fails, will be to talk to JAL in the lounge in BKK and aks if they can retag the bag.
timfarr1 likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Since USM is a PG flight (most likely) they are the first ones you will have to deal with. PG is generally a flexible and very practical airline, so I'd say they could probably. But I don't know. Will probably be up to the agent of the day.

Next one, if PG fails, will be to talk to JAL in the lounge in BKK and aks if they can retag the bag.
Thank you CPH-Flyer, great advice, much appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.