Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL will continue to interline to other oneworld carriers on separate PNRs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL will continue to interline to other oneworld carriers on separate PNRs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by thezipper
Gotcha, but it would help at reclaim / recheck so we dont have to schlep 4 suitcases through BOS. Arrive at 5p. cxn I'm looking at leaves at 8. Enuff time or should I go for the 9p?
US citizen with GE?

My experience with BOS is very limited, but personally I would probably go for the longer connection. Generally speaking, I have been stuck in very long immigration lines from time to time, though recently it has been better.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:06 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
US citizen with GE?

My experience with BOS is very limited, but personally I would probably go for the longer connection. Generally speaking, I have been stuck in very long immigration lines from time to time, though recently it has been better.
Yea, US + GE... I've had experience Dom>Intl at BOS, but not the other way around...
Old Jul 10, 2017, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by thezipper
Yea, US + GE... I've had experience Dom>Intl at BOS, but not the other way around...
Then the 3 hour connection should probably be OK.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Love GE, it's a breeze and usually no queue when arriving into US.

Even though I don't visit US often (probably once a year or so), it's well worth applying for it.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
So should I take it there there will probably be no problems at JL NRT with interlining (i.e. staff will be aware of their interline to OW policy?)

doing
JL J: NRT - KUL
then on separate
MH J: KUL - JHB

would be helpful if the staff at NRT could check it through all the way as would rather avoid clearing customs to collect baggage. will be bringing a print out of their policy to be safe.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ermen
So should I take it there there will probably be no problems at JL NRT with interlining (i.e. staff will be aware of their interline to OW policy?)

doing
then on separate

would be helpful if the staff at NRT could check it through all the way as would rather avoid clearing customs to collect baggage. will be bringing a print out of their policy to be safe.
They should be able to, and normally zero issues with doing it.

But, what are the procedures for Malaysia? Do they require customs in KL before domestic connections? Or can you clear customs at the final destination? As the domestic terminal in KLIA is past immigration I would imagine you need to clear customs as well. Though I don't know for sure.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)

But, what are the procedures for Malaysia? Do they require customs in KL before domestic connections? Or can you clear customs at the final destination? As the domestic terminal in KLIA is past immigration I would imagine you need to clear customs as well. Though I don't know for sure.
Malaysia is a strange case. You will clear immigration at KUL.
But luggage can normally be through checked to normal destination without having to collect it at KUL (apparently they have customs at final destination...)
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Malaysia is a strange case. You will clear immigration at KUL.
But luggage can normally be through checked to normal destination without having to collect it at KUL (apparently they have customs at final destination...)
Good to know. Sort of like most Schengen countries. Customs is at the final destination.
​​​​​​
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:00 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

If he's planning to fly during the Amadeus migration, JL may not be able to check through for him.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
If he's planning to fly during the Amadeus migration, JL may not be able to check through for him.
Yes, new information came out on the topic.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Honors Gold
I'm flying BA (F) NRT-LHR (12:45 dep)
I'm considering purchasing a separate domestic ITM-NRT JL3002 (09:20 arrival in NRT) connection on day of departure - will JAL check luggage through ok?
Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:09 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by EDIer
I'm flying BA (F) NRT-LHR (12:45 dep)
I'm considering purchasing a separate domestic ITM-NRT JL3002 (09:20 arrival in NRT) connection on day of departure - will JAL check luggage through ok?
Thanks
Yes, JL will be able to check through your luggage
Old Jan 15, 2018, 5:42 pm

Thanks JALPak
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:58 pm

Last edited by EDIer; Feb 8, 2018 at 12:25 pm
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:38 am

doing
then on separate

Noted that the policy displayed online states they will only be able to through check baggage if the booking across the diff carriers is on a single ticket. In your case above, it is certainly 2 separate tickets. Anyone can confirm if through check was successful?

*Edit:but the 2nd half said they " will continue to honor all tickets, including those with different PNR/booking codes, and make best efforts to provide through check-in service in compliance with the industry rules/procedures to the final destination. "

so i am not sure...

Last edited by bent; Apr 19, 2018 at 2:48 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.