Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Naha Sakura lounge will close for renovation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

The domestic Sakura lounge in Naha airport will close for renovation from the 1st of November until sping 2017 (not made more specific than that)

Passenger eligible for lounge access will be given cupons that can be used for food and drink inside the airport.

The lounge was also rather due for somewhat of a refresh if you asked me.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Sep 23, 2016 at 12:48 am
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:53 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The domestic Sakura lounge in Naha airport will close for renovation from the 1st of November unil sping 2017 (not made more specific than that)

Passenger eligible for lounge access will be given cupons that can be used for food and drink inside the airport.

Noooooooooooooooo I have mileage run scheduled for OKA during that time
Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
Noooooooooooooooo I have mileage run scheduled for OKA during that time
I am sure you can find beer, awamori and rice crackers other places in the airport. And depending on how generous JAL will be with cupons, you might not be much out of pocket.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:47 am

I am sure you can find beer, awamori and rice crackers other places in the airport. And depending on how generous JAL will be with cupons, you might not be much out of pocket.
No, you can't find the JAL Kameda co-branded rice crackers at other places within OKA! Wi-Fi works much better at the lounge too. The public one kind of sucks.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
No, you can't find the JAL Kameda co-branded rice crackers at other places within OKA! Wi-Fi works much better at the lounge too. The public one kind of sucks.
Ask nicely at check-in, they may have a few packages somewhere
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:18 am

Programs: JGC Sapphire
The domestic Sakura lounge in Naha airport will close for renovation from the 1st of November until sping 2017 (not made more specific than that)

Domestic Sakura lounges are quite boring, coupons work much better for me.

Handing out coupons would entice me to fly this route even more!
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:50 pm

For me, the lounge is about more than just alcohol and snacks... it's about having a quiet place to relax and do some reading or writing... I also like the massage chairs, but Naha Sakura lounge doesn't have it.

When they open the new Naha lounge, does anyone know if they'll have a grand opening event?If they do, I'd love to attend!

I can completely understand JAL Pak's sentiments about not having a lounge in Naha. Well... at least you can enjoy the beautiful orchids at Naha airport!(⌒‐⌒)
Old Nov 22, 2016, 4:52 am

JPY1,000 and the rendering of the new lounge looks quite nice.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:17 pm

Is there updated information about when the new Naha lounge will open?The OP said some time in spring 2017... spring in Japan starts in March, right?
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Nippon_Koukuu
Is there updated information about when the new Naha lounge will open?The OP said some time in spring 2017... spring in Japan starts in March, right?
no update
Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nippon_Koukuu
JAL has not sent out any updates on the time line.

Well, traditionally in Japan spring does start at setsubun. 3rd of February. But I am fairly certain that is not what JAL had in mind. I would think it would open before the travel rush sets in around golden week. So mid April the latest. But that is just a guess.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 5:34 pm

Well, traditionally in Japan spring does start at setsubun. 3rd of February. But I am fairly certain that is not what JAL had in mind. I would think it would open before the travel rush sets in around golden week. So mid April the latest. But that is just a guess.
Should be before end of March
Old Dec 10, 2016, 1:41 am

Thanks CPH flyer! I actually didn't realise that setubun is the beginning of spring. I thought it was just a tradition to collect good fortune and chase away the oni.(^o^)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new lounge. I hope they open it soon. I really like the shiikuwasa juice! I hope they introduce beni imo tarts to the new lounge.(^_^)
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:54 am

Naha New Sakura Lounge Opening

This is completely unofficial, but I was told today by the agent at the Naha JGC counter that Sakura Lounge is under renovation and they expect to open the new lounge sometime between the end of February and the middle of March. This is just a rough estimate...

They're issuing a 1,000 yen meal coupon for passengers who are entitled to the lounge. The coupon is valid until 31 March 2017. You can use the coupon in shops listed on the back, which includes at least 2 restaurants in the arrivals lobby, shops in the gate area, and Lawson convenience shop.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 12:30 am

http://press.jal.co.jp/ja/release/201702/004165.html

To be reopened on Feb 28 2017

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.