Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JL 1 SFO HND time change and no notification?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 8:20 am
Original Poster

*found existing thread on this issue. Can ignore my post*

Hi All,

My wife and I are on JL 1 on Nov 21 which was originally scheduled at 12:45 AM and apparently is now departing at 2:55 PM (14 hours later). I received no email, call, txt or anything from either JL or AA (booked via AA award F). This unfortunately means that we have no time in Tokyo which we were really looking forward to. Not to mention that we'll now have to find lodging for the night in SFO which we weren't planning on.

Does anyone know the best course of action here? I haven't called AA or JL yet since I'm hoping someone may have an idea first. I'm kind of irritated that I won't have time in Tokyo but to be honest I'm more irritated that I was given 0 notification about the change. It's possible that this was changed quite a while ago and I had no idea.

Last edited by VLtone; Jul 24, 2016 at 8:27 am Reason: Found relevant thread
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:19 pm

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
blind sided as well

What a mess. The time change on the SFO-HND route messed up all of my travel plans. No notice. They just did it. OOOfffff.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:34 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Another AA redemption? It is AA's responsibility to notify you about such changes. I don't know about you but most of us JL regulars know well ahead (when slot agreement has been reached few months ago) of the announcement that SFO route will have such change. Even AA folks should know given the day time slot allocation affect its LAX-HND flight as well.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Starbucks Gold
I have an AA redemption on this flight in August before the major schedule change. But when my flight was moved from 1:35 am to 1:55 am, it took AA six months to notify me. This is clearly not their strong suit.

(I booked it in October last year, the schedule change happened in January, and AA emailed me a couple weeks ago in July. The flight is coming up next month.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.