Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

oneworld Sapphire flying JL - lounge access in TPE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2016, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold

Hi all,
I am traveling on JL from TPE-NRT in J and am OW Sapphire / AA PLT. The only lounge at TPE is the CX lounge. Will I be allowed access?

Thanks,
Joe
Old May 21, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
Hi all,
I am traveling on JL from TPE-NRT in J and am OW Sapphire / AA PLT. The only lounge at TPE is the CX lounge. Will I be allowed access?

Thanks,
Joe
OneWorld rules say yes.
Old May 21, 2016, 5:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Did something happen to the JAL lounge since I last used it just a couple of months ago? JAL flights depart from Terminal 2 at TPE, while CX is in Terminal 1.

If you have the extra time to walk to the CX lounge, it is in an entirely different league from the JAL lounge. The JAL lounge, however, is conveniently located near the JAL gates.
Old May 21, 2016, 7:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hi all,

Thanks,
Joe
The oneworld lounge access guide, with lounge listings and rules: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Japan Airlines
Legend Airport VIP Lounge
Location details: Terminal 2, 3rd floor, concourse D
Opening hours: Daily: 06:00-16:30
Notes: Two massage chairs are available to help you unwind before your flight.
Operated by a third party.
Free WifiFood and BeveragesConference RoomWheelchair AccessTVRelaxation Room

Cathay Pacific Lounge
Location details: 4th floor, Departure Hall, Terminal 1
Opening hours: 04:30 - 20:50 Daily
Notes: The new lounge in Taipei is designed to reflect the CX brand experience and to offer passengers both relaxation and enjoyment, whether they are returning home to Hong Kong or starting on a longer journey. The overall feeling of the lounge is of a domestic space, more like a living room than an airline lounge. Designer furniture and lighting have been carefully selected for practicality and comfort.
Old May 21, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
CX lounge at TPE T1 is nice but it's tricky to find. Look for an escalator up from departures level. However, if you are departing on JL, I don't know that you can access T1 airside. Somebody might be checking BPs on the connector. The third-party lounge in T2 that JL offers is decent.
Old May 21, 2016, 8:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ccengct
CX lounge at TPE T1 is nice but it's tricky to find. Look for an escalator up from departures level. However, if you are departing on JL, I don't know that you can access T1 airside. Somebody might be checking BPs on the connector. The third-party lounge in T2 that JL offers is decent.
FWIW I've walked D <-> A airside to use the CI lounge in T1 vs. the one in T2 and it's just a regular walkway, no checks.
Old May 21, 2016, 12:57 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by ccengct
I don't know that you can access T1 airside.
Yes - both terminal are interconnected - you can walk or take an automated people mover/train.
Old May 22, 2016, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
The oneworld lounge access guide, with lounge listings and rules: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Japan Airlines
Legend Airport VIP Lounge
Location details: Terminal 2, 3rd floor, concourse D
Opening hours: Daily: 06:00-16:30
Notes: Two massage chairs are available to help you unwind before your flight.
Operated by a third party.
Free WifiFood and BeveragesConference RoomWheelchair AccessTVRelaxation Room

Cathay Pacific Lounge
Location details: 4th floor, Departure Hall, Terminal 1
Opening hours: 04:30 - 20:50 Daily
Notes: The new lounge in Taipei is designed to reflect the CX brand experience and to offer passengers both relaxation and enjoyment, whether they are returning home to Hong Kong or starting on a longer journey. The overall feeling of the lounge is of a domestic space, more like a living room than an airline lounge. Designer furniture and lighting have been carefully selected for practicality and comfort.
That's what I thought. I only ask because I was told sometimes these lounges don't always follow OW rules. I will attempt to visit both and report back.
Old May 22, 2016, 7:29 am

That's what I thought. I only ask because I was told sometimes these lounges don't always follow OW rules. I will attempt to visit both and report back.
As you're flying JL in J, there should be no question about your using the JL contract Legend VIP Airport Lounge, and as you're both departing in JL J and a oneworld Sapphire you should have access to the CX lounge.

We'll ultimately move this to the lounge access HELP DESK thread. /Moderator
Old May 22, 2016, 8:59 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I was turned down from using the CX lounge but I wasn't flying a OW airline.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I was turned down from using the CX lounge but I wasn't flying a OW airline.
As would be expected.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:48 am
Original Poster

The Legends VIP Lounge (Operated by TransAsia) was better than your average Admirals Club, but overall, not very good.

I was able to easily make my way over to the CX lounge in Terminal 1. It was about a 10 minute walk between lounges. I was initially denied access because the agent in the JL Lounge took my invitations upon entry there. Once I pointed out that my JL boarding pass stated Sapphire, as well as presented my AAdvantage Platinum card, my status was verified and I was granted access.

For others that are at TPE on JL, just skip the JL lounge all together and provide your invitations at the CX lounge. Excellent experience there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.