Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Suite Seating

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: JL Diamond, CX MPC Silver, OW Emerald, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Sky Suite Seating

Mother will fly JL61 back to Asia next week. She is currently sitting in 5G (aisle, mini cabin), but 9K (window) is also available. Which seat is better? She doesn't really care about the windows and prefer more quietness and cabin space. Can someone advise? Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2016, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
Mother will fly JL61 back to Asia next week. She is currently sitting in 5G (aisle, mini cabin), but 9K (window) is also available. Which seat is better? She doesn't really care about the windows and prefer more quietness and cabin space. Can someone advise? Thanks!
The window seats are far more private than the aisle seats, and thus more quiet. The mini cabin will probably have sufficiently less footfall to compensate, so probably close to even.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 10:50 am

Programs: JL/Emerald, NH*G, DL/ElitePlus, HHonors G
Originally Posted by gijoe24jp
Definitely Window. My wife sat on aisle and complained about all the noises and lights coming from passing passengers and the guy on the other side of the aisle...
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The mini cabin will probably have sufficiently less footfall to compensate, so probably close to even.
I would have to disagree. Flew once in the mini-cabin and the flight attendants constantly ran between First and Business classes, even during "sleep" hours. I am not sure if this is normal, but it was annoying. Made for very little sleep on a 12 hour flight. Also, the proximity to the galley is bothersome, but not as bad as the FA's moving about. (Although the bathroom was not an issue.)
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I would have to disagree. Flew once in the mini-cabin and the flight attendants constantly ran between First and Business classes, even during "sleep" hours. I am not sure if this is normal, but it was annoying. Made for very little sleep on a 12 hour flight. Also, the proximity to the galley is bothersome, but not as bad as the FA's moving about. (Although the bathroom was not an issue.)
I would say unusual to have much FA traffic between F and J.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I would say unusual to have much FA traffic between F and J.
There was a fair amount on flight 62 last Sunday while we were sleeping, or trying to, anyway. I noticed FAs going past my seat every time I woke up, although they were very quiet, so that wasn't what did it.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 7:04 am

I've flown quite a few times in Sky Suite. It's really up to you.
Window seat is a bit claustrophobic and feels smaller. Also, in day flights in 787, the brightness from outside might also be bothersome.
Aisle seat feels spacious, but aisle traffic might bother you. They do indeed go back and forth all the time.
Well, my personal preference is aisle seat, as I don't like the capsule feel.in window seats.
Old Apr 10, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I asked this on the SS7 thread with no response...Any suggestions on the best A or K seat in J? I'm currently in 5K, next to the galley. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.