Best options TPE-HNL?

Old Mar 17, 16, 2:57 am
azj
Original Poster

Best options TPE-HNL?

I'm exhausted in researching the best way from TPE-HNL on a Star airline in Business class for a reasonable fare. I even nearly booked TPE-BKK-IST-LAX just to take advantage of a great fare and stay on Star or even TPE-NRT-LAX to fly on Singapore again with a great fare. Perhaps it's this late hour, but I think I'm just going to sacrifice the Star miles and fly JAL. It's a carrier I've always wanted to try and their fares are half of what UA/NH want and Asiana doesn't operate ICN-HNL on the day I need to travel.

So... the JAL question is... all prices seem to be the same from TPE-HNL wether I connect in NGO, KIX, NRT or HND. NGO, KIX and HND will be on the 777 and NRT the 767, with I'm assuming the new seats. For that reason, I'm leaning toward NRT for the transit. Any thoughts? Which lounge experience would be best? I'm guessing NRT or HND. I'd credit miles to AA, where I have no status as opposed to UA where I'm a lowly Silver. Or maybe I just suck it up, pay half the fare and fly NH in Y class and end my Business class jaunt around the Pacific unfolding myself as I deplane in HNL.
Old Mar 17, 16, 7:46 am

Programs: JGC premier
The lounge in hnd and nrt are by far much better than the rest. I personally prefer NRT lounge as it's larger and has free massage even in J lounge (only for F in HND), but as far as i know you can only fly to NRT from TPE, whereas the connection at HND allows you to use TSA which is much closer to Taipei city center.
Old Mar 17, 16, 1:19 pm
azj
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bakaneko85 View Post
The lounge in hnd and nrt are by far much better than the rest. I personally prefer NRT lounge as it's larger and has free massage even in J lounge (only for F in HND), but as far as i know you can only fly to NRT from TPE, whereas the connection at HND allows you to use TSA which is much closer to Taipei city center.
Thanks. I'll be staying quite close to TSA, which would be ideal, but I'd be willing to make the trek to TPE if I had to.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: