Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Arriving NRT and Leaving HND 18 hours later. Bag?

Old Mar 4, 16, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA++

Does anybody know if the luggage will be transferred automatically if I arrive at NRT 6:50AM and departing from HND at midnight?

Also, I will be very tired. Wondering if there is any hourly hotel to nap and shower for my situation ? Either in Narita or HND or maybe in Tokyo.
I saw there is a hourly hotel in narita, but if I have to collect my bag, then I have to exit the after-security area, while the hotel is in the after-security area.

Any advice is appreciated.

Also, mind as well ask another related question:
Which lounges can I access for my case? I have F class from CGK-NRT and J class from HND-SFO
Old Mar 4, 16, 2:05 am

Programs: AA:1MM
Luggage is basically never "transferred automatically" between HND and NRT.

Instead, you will have to transport it yourself.

Depending on your goals for the day, the simplest thing to do would be to take a "limousine bus" from NRT to HND and then get a day rate at a hotel near HND. You could sleep on the bus as well.
Old Mar 4, 16, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by virmaior View Post

Depending on your goals for the day, the simplest thing to do would be to take a "limousine bus" from NRT to HND and then get a day rate at a hotel near HND. You could sleep on the bus as well.
Exactly.
Old Mar 4, 16, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
Originally Posted by ssg10 View Post
Does anybody know if the luggage will be transferred automatically if I arrive at NRT 6:50AM and departing from HND at midnight?

Also, I will be very tired. Wondering if there is any hourly hotel to nap and shower for my situation ? Either in Narita or HND or maybe in Tokyo.
I saw there is a hourly hotel in narita, but if I have to collect my bag, then I have to exit the after-security area, while the hotel is in the after-security area.

Any advice is appreciated.

Also, mind as well ask another related question:
Which lounges can I access for my case? I have F class from CGK-NRT and J class from HND-SFO
As the rules are defined, you are able to access the Sakura (J) lounge. Some people have reported that by bringing the inbound boarding pass, they have been allowed to access the F lounge when arriving in F. The caveat would be that these cases have been where people were connecting to flights without an F cabin.
Old Mar 5, 16, 2:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
As the rules are defined, you are able to access the Sakura (J) lounge. Some people have reported that by bringing the inbound boarding pass, they have been allowed to access the F lounge when arriving in F. The caveat would be that these cases have been where people were connecting to flights without an F cabin.
This is at narita? Are these lounges you mentioned at post or pre security check? Wondering since I have to collect luggage and won't be able to come back in.
Old Mar 5, 16, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by virmaior View Post

Day rate hotels that i googled seem to be "love hotels"
Do you know some normal and decent ones?
Old Mar 5, 16, 11:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Day rate hotels that i googled seem to be "love hotels"
Do you know some normal and decent ones?
There are hotels at HND itself, which are not those 'love hotels'.

Royal Park Hotel (International Terminal) and Excel Tokyu Hotel (Terminal 2) are at HND itself.

http://www.rph-the.co.jp/haneda/en/

http://www.tokyuhotelsjapan.com/en/h...NED/index.html

There is also one called First Cabin attached to Terminal 1, although this one is not a full service hotel.

I believe all of them do day rates but you may need to email me as day rates may not be bookable online.
Old Mar 5, 16, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JMB Diamond Metal Card (OWE) , SAS Eurobonus Gold, (*G) Marriott Ambassador (LTP)
This is at narita? Are these lounges you mentioned at post or pre security check? Wondering since I have to collect luggage and won't be able to come back in.
At Haneda when departing. No lounges available in NRT at arrival.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: