Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL website - booking tickets USA-AUSTRALIA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I can't find any info on this, so apologies if it has been discussed.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to book a ticket to Australia ex-USA using the JAL website? It only offers me the option to book to Tokyo, and then onto an Asian destination - but not Oceania.

I know the through fare exists, as I can buy it through other OTAs. I would rather buy it through JAL, however.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Joe
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by nyjoe4
Hi all,

I can't find any info on this, so apologies if it has been discussed.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to book a ticket to Australia ex-USA using the JAL website? It only offers me the option to book to Tokyo, and then onto an Asian destination - but not Oceania.

I know the through fare exists, as I can buy it through other OTAs. I would rather buy it through JAL, however.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Joe
Simply call jal ticketing desk will be simplest option
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Simply call jal ticketing desk will be simplest option
Thanks, Chris. And JAL confirmed that you are unable to buy these tickets online. If you DO buy them through JAL, the ticket must be purchased by credit card in the same name as the passenger, which is NOT the case if you buy through an OTA.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:43 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by nyjoe4
Thanks, Chris. And JAL confirmed that you are unable to buy these tickets online. If you DO buy them through JAL, the ticket must be purchased by credit card in the same name as the passenger, which is NOT the case if you buy through an OTA.
Just book with a traditional TA.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA, DL Gold, JB, AF, BA, QF, JL, CX
I booked a ticket on AA: BOS-NRT-SYD, then back SYD-LAX.
use kayak or google flights, there will be a link to AA.com.
I don't think you can book a return on expedia or TA. However, you can easily find a O/W from US to SYD through TA site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.