Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Name not matching between AA and JAL system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Help! I just booked an award ticket on Japan Airlines with AA points, however, I noticed that my name doesn't appear correctly in JAL's system when I was trying to select seats, eg. It appears as LiuMing Liu in Jal system instead of Liu Ming Liu in my AA profile and passport. Would I have any trouble in checking in at the airport? IF so, should I contact AA or Jal to correct this? I just called AA but was told that my name is correct as Liu Ming Liu in AA's system.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:59 am

Programs: AA:1MM
Originally Posted by Jason Huang
Help! I just booked an award ticket on Japan Airlines with AA points, however, I noticed that my name doesn't appear correctly in JAL's system when I was trying to select seats, eg. It appears as LiuMing Liu in Jal system instead of Liu Ming Liu in my AA profile and passport. Would I have any trouble in checking in at the airport? IF so, should I contact AA or Jal to correct this? I just called AA but was told that my name is correct as Liu Ming Liu in AA's system.

This will not be a problem. JAL's system is not designed for middle names (i.e. second given names) and often just gets rid of the space. You will have no problems boarding or at any airport in Japan.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks, mate!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Confirming,you won't have any problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.