Search

NRT-JFK/DFW 787 - lie flat seats?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:27 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
NRT-JFK/DFW 787 - lie flat seats?

Does anyone know if the NRT-JFK/DFW flights serviced by the 787 have lie flat seats? I was checking on seatguru and the dated pictures (June 2013) show angled seats. If some are still serviced by angled seats, do we know if JL is planning to replace those by mid year 2016?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
I'm not familiar with JFK but I know DFW has the lie flats.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:31 pm

The JFK 787 has them too, since Jan'15, to match their other JFK flight (777).
Old Dec 6, 2015, 3:50 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I remember seeing some trip reports from post Jan 2015 though with the non lie flat seats on the 787 to JFK. Do all 787 have lie flats now?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by TOMFORD
I remember seeing some trip reports from post Jan 2015 though with the non lie flat seats on the 787 to JFK. Do all 787 have lie flats now?
No, there are still 787s with the old seats. Currently doing Boston and San Diego on the US routes.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 4:25 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Okay. So I'll be safe with DFW or JFK? No significant chance of equipment swaps? That's all that matters.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Okay. So I'll be safe with DFW or JFK? No significant chance of equipment swaps? That's all that matters.
You should be safe, the older configuration 787 are being moved to intra Asia as more Sky Suite planes are coming in. It is unlikely that JFK or DFW will go backwards. But nothing can guaranteed, current published scheduling of the planes and routes is until 26th of March.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:48 am

Anyone have opinions regarding seats to recommend or avoid in the new J Sky Suites on the 787?
Old Dec 14, 2015, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travel4b
Anyone have opinions regarding seats to recommend or avoid in the new J Sky Suites on the 787?
I prefer the window seats for the privacy. But apart from that I have no specific likes or dislikes.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by travel4b
I had a window on the south side, westbound so daytime, JFK-NRT in March. I found it a bit annoying not to be able to close the window shade (there is a maximum tint instead, but the sun was still sitting there throughout).
Old Dec 15, 2015, 11:36 am

Does anyone know if the NRT-JFK/DFW flights serviced by the 787 have lie flat seats? I was checking on seatguru and the dated pictures (June 2013) show angled seats. If some are still serviced by angled seats, do we know if JL is planning to replace those by mid year 2016?
Should be lie flat.
http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/rosen/
Old Dec 28, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Any chance of seeing JL60 with the new J by the end of May?
Is that an important route for JAL or likely one of the last route to see the refurbished aircraft?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Delta 2MM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by pvgman
Any chance of seeing JL60 with the new J by the end of May?
Is that an important route for JAL or likely one of the last route to see the refurbished aircraft?
I was wondering the same thing - I'm flying LAX-KIX-LAX in J in late May/early June and was hoping for the new biz seats.

It may be low priority because of (lack of) competition on the route.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Mileage Lover
I was wondering the same thing - I'm flying LAX-KIX-LAX in J in late May/early June and was hoping for the new biz seats.

It may be low priority because of (lack of) competition on the route.
. Don't count on it. Probably won't happen. The routes that have SS8 are the routes with competition . Bos San and lax to kix don't have competition.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:16 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by brabb12
. Don't count on it. Probably won't happen. The routes that have SS8 are the routes with competition . Bos San and lax to kix don't have competition.
BOS may get an upgrade sooner than you think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.