Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Suspension of online functionalities from Dec 10 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suspension of online functionalities from Dec 10 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: JL QF NZ
Originally Posted by dll
Very confusing why the outage on the US/North America site, as other non-Japan versions of JL.com use the exact same interface and presumably same back-end functionality.
WCAG 2.0 implementation issues, which only affects the US site given that it is a US law.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Gold
surely you jest....

Originally Posted by kaka
why dont you fly aa
I am ticketed on JL flights. Why would I fly AA if I could fly JL? Everything about JL product is vastly superior to AA product. Besides, AA never has premium seats to NRT available for award travel.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
The mobile site will still work
Thanks! Was able to OLCI by selecting English version of Hong Kong site with no problems from US! To Tokyo in First Clas here we come!!! (can you tell this is my first time )
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
I'm a brand new JAL customer, just booked my first flight on them this week. It's an intra-japan flight, and I'm not able to do anything (in particular get a seat assignment) with the reservation online. I suspect it's because of this issue - does that sound right? If I log in via the Americas region, the outage notification comes up if I click on "seat assignment", and if I log in via the HK or Singapore region, I get "Please confirm the following. Seat selection was unsuccessful." in a big red box if I click on seat reservation.

I've done a couple of 30 minute phone holds so far without successfully connecting to a human.

Am I correct that I am likely running across the same problem others in this thread are? If so, is there a working solution? I don't know the address of the mobile site yet.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:45 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by angra
I'm a brand new JAL customer, just booked my first flight on them this week. It's an intra-japan flight, and I'm not able to do anything (in particular get a seat assignment) with the reservation online. I suspect it's because of this issue - does that sound right? If I log in via the Americas region, the outage notification comes up if I click on "seat assignment", and if I log in via the HK or Singapore region, I get "Please confirm the following. Seat selection was unsuccessful." in a big red box if I click on seat reservation.

I've done a couple of 30 minute phone holds so far without successfully connecting to a human.

Am I correct that I am likely running across the same problem others in this thread are? If so, is there a working solution? I don't know the address of the mobile site yet.
You will need the 4 digit PNR or call.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
You will need the 4 digit PNR or call.
Thanks - if I may impose further: where can I find the 4 digit PNR? Once I have it, what can I do with it? I'm able to get to the point where I can see my reservation details with the 6 digit PNR that appears in my receipt/eticket, I just get the outage notice window when I try to do seat selection (or a plain error if I go in via HK/Singapore).

Are there times when the US phones have lower call volumes? I've attempted two calls so far, but I have not been able to allocate more than 30 minutes to waiting on hold yet...
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks - if I may impose further: where can I find the 4 digit PNR? Once I have it, what can I do with it? I'm able to get to the point where I can see my reservation details with the 6 digit PNR that appears in my receipt/eticket, I just get the outage notice window when I try to do seat selection (or a plain error if I go in via HK/Singapore).

Are there times when the US phones have lower call volumes? I've attempted two calls so far, but I have not been able to allocate more than 30 minutes to waiting on hold yet...
That's the PNR for the domestic reservation system. You can access your records on jal.co.jp/en.

You can try it first opens in the morning.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I'm curious if you know this for sure, it would be very interesting. I'm not aware of a warning or complaint against them and generally you see lots of public pressure from the NFB here in the US before any kind of formal complaint is made. There are so many sites which are just terrible from an accessibility standpoint, I'm surprised if JL is pretty much closing shop for a few months over this.

Originally Posted by 777Cat3b
WCAG 2.0 implementation issues, which only affects the US site given that it is a US law.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by 777Cat3b
Originally Posted by stephem
I'm curious if you know this for sure, it would be very interesting. I'm not aware of a warning or complaint against them and generally you see lots of public pressure from the NFB here in the US before any kind of formal complaint is made. There are so many sites which are just terrible from an accessibility standpoint, I'm surprised if JL is pretty much closing shop for a few months over this.
I'm interested as well, as WCAG itself isn't US law, it's a W3C recommendation. It appears to have been referenced in various ADA compliance lawsuits, but I don't think the ADA itself cites it, especially since the ADA predates WCAG 2.0 by about 18 years. The ADA settlements all seem to be "make your website compliant", not "take it down until it is compliant".
Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: JL QF NZ
DOT regulation Part 382 states that all airline websites offering services in English in the US must be WCAG 2.0 level AA compliant by December 12 2015.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:29 pm

Something is seriously wrong with JL in the US. I have also been on hold over 30 minutes 4 different times I called in to reserve a meal for an upcoming F flight. How does JL expect to do business with US customers if they never answer their phones?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by susiesan
Something is seriously wrong with JL in the US. I have also been on hold over 30 minutes 4 different times I called in to reserve a meal for an upcoming F flight. How does JL expect to do business with US customers if they never answer their phones?
Time to re-route to CX if you are really that upset. Not worth spending months of pissing off about this. Just my 2 cents.

Or you could try call at a different time when it is less busy. Or better, use the work around provided already to do this online.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:14 pm

Time to re-route to CX if you are really that upset. Not worth spending months of pissing off about this. Just my 2 cents.

Or you could try call at a different time when it is less busy. Or better, use the work around provided already to do this online.
The workaround is for OLCI. I not concerned with that as my JL flight is after a UL flight from CMB-NRT so I will already be checked in. And I already have seat assignments. I just need to request a meal. Want to be sure they load on enough of the Japanese meals.

I have called at different times of day. I sent an email through their customer service report requesting the Japanese meal in F. I don't see any other way to make this request online.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by susiesan
The workaround is for OLCI. I not concerned with that as my JL flight is after a UL flight from CMB-NRT so I will already be checked in. And I already have seat assignments. I just need to request a meal. Want to be sure they load on enough of the Japanese meals.

I have called at different times of day. I sent an email through their customer service report requesting the Japanese meal in F. I don't see any other way to make this request online.
Did you try calling at the time I suggested earlier?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 2:25 pm

Did you try calling at the time I suggested earlier?
You said call when it opens first thing in the morning. Which time zone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.