Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award availability out of NRT/HND

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2015, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold

Hi all,

I'm not seeing any award availability out of NRT/HND flying to LAX/SFO in July/August, like... only the very next day has 2 First class seats available. Not even Business / Premium Economy / Economy is available.

Is that the norm? I recall doing research last week and there were still a few flights available in beginning of August. Anyone knows what's going on? Thanks.

*award availability for the outbound from LAX/SFO seems normal...

::EDIT:: I'm seeing 1 premium economy seat per day for 8/15-8/18 (HND-SFO)... that's it.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by jazzmailman
Hi all,

I'm not seeing any award availability out of NRT/HND flying to LAX/SFO in July/August, like... only the very next day has 2 First class seats available. Not even Business / Premium Economy / Economy is available.

Is that the norm? I recall doing research last week and there were still a few flights available in beginning of August. Anyone knows what's going on? Thanks.

*award availability for the outbound from LAX/SFO seems normal...

::EDIT:: I'm seeing 1 premium economy seat per day for 8/15-8/18 (HND-SFO)... that's it.

Quite normal.

Generally it's advantageous to book awards when they're available, not wait for a week and expect the tickets to still be available. Especially so close to departure date.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:13 am

Programs: BA, LM // HH, CP

I'm also looking for flights out of Tokyo to NA. What are the chances of economy or business opening mid-August? do they open on any regularity a week or two weeks out?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

Mid august is obon days so very hard. Its one of the main japanese holidays
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
In my own (failing) hunt for award space in the first week of August, over the past month I've seen very few random days in mid-august come and go from Japan to North America (generally either to SAN or YVR). You can also watch to HNL, which might be useful for you depending on your mileage program. You have to check every day if you want any shot at getting a seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.