JAL - I will never travel

Old Jul 18, 2015, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UNITED 1K / AA EXEC
JAL - I will never travel

**** Must Read ****
I reserved a round trip ORD to NRT when this deal came. Took Cathy first outbound wonderful experience
Inbound NRT to ORD JAL first worst flight service
Worst veg.food and worst experience. I would recommend to change to other airline or cancell
I am never going to travel JAL
They discriminate non-revenue passengers or who you are
Filed complaints with DOT
Old Jul 18, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by chilba
**** Must Read ****
I reserved a round trip ORD to NRT when this deal came. Took Cathy first outbound wonderful experience
Worst veg.food and worst experience. I would recommend to change to other airline or cancell
Wow -- sorry to hear about your experience. Could you be a little more specific in regards to the discrimination? Did you book an award in J/F?
Old Jul 18, 2015, 8:36 pm

My experience was the entire opposite.

Family of 4 non-Japanese with kids. The perfect flight and experience. The only blot was serving the fruit to my son the wrong way around (square plate with cut melon pointing away instead of towards the passenger). For example, they proactively reheated my 7 year old son's udon noodles when he was preoccupied with the TV and his first course.

I can't recall better flights ever. Including QF and SQ First. Perhaps cultural differences were in play? I have worked for a Japanese company so do have a slight understanding of their cultural inclinations.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

I booked the ticket using AA miles first class,
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
**** Must Read ****
I am not Japanese (nor American for that matter) and I have never received discrimination on JL.
(admittedly, you might also want to avoid AA as there are SWU upgraders and AA Z space is far easier to find TPAC than JL, so good luck going to Japan again.)
Old Jul 18, 2015, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Just no service , I seem them going to other passengers again again, but no one come to me until I call them , I saw them going to passenger next to me every second, They know who paid $$$ and thats where they going to go, rest will see later, I talked some people who travelled JAL and changed my outward to Cathy first class, it was a superb experience, they go out of there way to make u happy. JAL staff very anti Indian, same the case as tour the country, I am done with Japan
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Just no service , I seem them going to other passengers again again, but no one come to me until I call them , I saw them going to passenger next to me every second, They know who paid $$$ and thats where they going to go, rest will see later, I talked some people who travelled JAL and changed my outward to Cathy first class, it was a superb experience, they go out of there way to make u happy. JAL staff very anti Indian, same the case as tour the country, I am done with Japan
This to me is not a problem-if I need something, I just use the call bell.
I know (from experience) that CX F is very good, though JL's product, service, and presentation is also very good in my opinion.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

I know, I just do not want to waste my hard earned miles, JAL good bye
Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

JAL very good until the service start in the cabin, they have a list of passenger and value list, award ticket at last, service is based on value of the ticket, the person next to me served by 3 people, where as me just 1 max at there own own free will
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:16 pm

I got the served by 3 persons treatment as well. On both flights. Perhaps they mistook us for revenue passengers? On the outbound flight, the person preparing my meals even introduced herself. The person across the aisle from me was also on miles, and as far as I could tell, he received similar treatment. Also non-Japanese.

If anything, I think they do more with non-Japanese. From what I saw, the communication between Japanese is quicker - thus more streamlined. It took a little more time with us, with the slight language barrier using English (and my halting Japanese words), plus background stories etc.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

I am done with JAL at any cost,

I travel economy on KLM than JAL First
Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
I am done with JAL at any cost,

I travel economy on KLM than JAL First
Errr..... Ok. So, is JAL, in your opinion, anti-indian or anti-award ticket holders? Or... both?
Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:53 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If you had a bad experience just vote with your feet and chose a different carrier. Done, none of us can substantiate your claims as we weren't there. Stick with CX for example if you liked the experience. Simple. Just move on.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I'm a foreigner. I've flown JAL in J and F. Have flown on paid tickets and mileage awards/upgrades. Never noticed any difference in service between revenue tix and mileage tix. Never felt discriminated against as a foreigner.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 5:55 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Flew JAL F in April and found it perhaps the best First class we have tried (includes Etihad, Qatar, Emirates, Asiana, Thai, Cathay, DragonAir, Malaysian, Lufthansa, Swiss, BA) - great food, wonderful service, comfy seat. This was a US Airways redemption.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.