Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Trouble Booking on jal.com, but OK on Expedia

Old May 19, 2015, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold

I want to travel in August from ICN to HNL, and would like to use JAL. When I try to book on jal.com (even using the Japan, Korea, and U.S. websites), I am told that it is not possible using any routing via Japan. However, when I do the same on expedia.com, there are some dozen or more flights (via KIX and NRT) on JAL. Anyone else have this problem?
Old May 27, 2015, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Update: I was able to book the JAL flights on Expedia, but, when I go to the jal.com (Japan, Korea, and U.S.) websites using the JAL reservation number, it is nowhere to be found. The Korea office was able to give seat assignments, though, and confirmed the reservation number. All seems strange.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:57 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by relangford
Update: I was able to book the JAL flights on Expedia, but, when I go to the jal.com (Japan, Korea, and U.S.) websites using the JAL reservation number, it is nowhere to be found. The Korea office was able to give seat assignments, though, and confirmed the reservation number. All seems strange.
You sure you entered the correct info? This has happened before. The late Black Adder once complained about the PNR I gave him was wrong but it turns out that he mixed up his first and last name when entering the info Also make sure it's the JAL PNR you are entering, not the Expedia one.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

I used the correct JL reservation number (verified with the Seoul office) (also different number of characters between Expedia and JL) and every permutation of my wife's names and my names. Still nothing on jal.com (but they charged my credit card), so I guess I'm OK. Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:59 pm
nak

I had a similar problem once. In my case, I entered the flight number "incorrectly" - the full three digit flight number has to be entered, e.g. Flight 6 has to be entered as 006.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.