Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL award availability

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: JGC premier
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
JAL just closed the loop hole that AVIOS could book a year out but JMB could not. So no indication that they are moving in the same direction as NH.
slightly OT but yesterday I just managed to book a domestic JL award flight using Finnair points, with outbound leg booked 30 min before the official JMB release time (2 months out at 9:30 am) and the inbound 1 day before the JMB normal release time.. Thought the loophole was closed for all but apparently not.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
JAL just closed the loop hole that AVIOS could book a year out but JMB could not. So no indication that they are moving in the same direction as NH.
Oh, when did that happen? That is a big devaluation then (of Avios usability, where JL domestic flights booked timely was one of the best values of it all around).
Old Sep 13, 2018, 5:16 am
THR

Anyone have a view on what award availability will be like during WRC next year? I have enough EK points for 2 x J return from SYD... mid-end October.

My assumption is they won’t release many award tickets...
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Please do NOT post your questions here if you are redeeming VIA A PARTNER, e.g. AA, BA, CX, AS, EK etc.

This thread is about JMB award availability. Questions on partner availability should be posted on the corresponding partner forum as their availability could be different from JMB's.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP75k, Marriott Titanium
I'm looking at upgrading my HND-SFO flight on 1/1 from J to F using JMB miles. Looking through the website, it shows the upgrade would be waitlisted. Before I go converting my SPG points, what are the chances that the award would clear?

Last edited by Petester; Sep 28, 2018 at 12:11 am
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:08 pm

I booked NRT-MEL in business class (Sky Suite). But I am not able to select a window seat at all. It looks like the window seats are blocked and only aisle seats can be selected. Any idea why that is? It's hard to imagine that all the window seats are taken, given my departure date is June, 2019.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I booked NRT-MEL in business class (Sky Suite). But I am not able to select a window seat at all. It looks like the window seats are blocked and only aisle seats can be selected. Any idea why that is? It's hard to imagine that all the window seats are taken, given my departure date is June, 2019.
It appears to be a recent practice of JL: blocking all the preferable seats (all window and front seats) in business cabin for award tickets. The better seats are only available for revenue tix, not award. I have noticed that also over the last few months.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ
It appears to be a recent practice of JL: blocking all the preferable seats (all window and front seats) in business cabin for award tickets. The better seats are only available for revenue tix, not award. I have noticed that also over the last few months.
I don't know if this applies to all biz seats but last month I booked NRT-SIN (777-200 Sky Suite III) and was able to select one of the window seat. So perhaps this is aircraft dependent? Either way it is annoying.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by RealHJ
I don't know if this applies to all biz seats but last month I booked NRT-SIN (777-200 Sky Suite III) and was able to select one of the window seat. So perhaps this is aircraft dependent? Either way it is annoying.
I noticed a greatly wider selection of seats in J after my OWE number is entered.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:46 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SilverChris
I noticed a greatly wider selection of seats in J after my OWE number is entered.
Can we please go back to award availability discussion instead of award select selection availability LOL please?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 9:01 pm

KIX-HNL I cannot select any seat in business class. All window seats are marked X. All center seats are open (have the baby picture), but cannot select any seat. JL seems to have blocked seat selection for award tickets entirely now.

I can't grab the message shown on the JL site when going to seat selection, which basically said that seat selection is not available (though seat map shows plenty of available seats), as the entire JL site is now down (503 error).
Old Oct 6, 2018, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by SilverChris
SC, Did you have to call in to change freq# or able to do this online? Thxs
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP75k, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Petester
I'm looking at upgrading my HND-SFO flight on 1/1 from J to F using JMB miles. Looking through the website, it shows the upgrade would be waitlisted. Before I go converting my SPG points, what are the chances that the award would clear?
​​​​​​​Bump. Any advice appreciated!
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Petester
Bump. Any advice appreciated!
Impossible to know. Keep in mind that this close in waitlist only is good for 7 days, and then it is canceled if doesn't clear and you don't ticket it right away. So, you'd need to reenter it every week. Depends on how full (or not) the plane is.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:30 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by JALPak
JL agent can help send a message to inventory control in Tokyo. Just call the top flyer line.
Is this still a thing? I emailed using the online form and got a standard reply that they have no control over inventory and the language used does not even acknowledge that a request to contact inventory control can be forwarded. Will calling phone agent help?

This is for a waitlisted F seat, with F6 still in 4 months to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.