Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL award availability

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:59 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by fedechat
They open 2 F seats at T330, 8PM EST, if you are not fast enough (specially at peak season), you will not see it. I was able to do it around Christmas, and I saw how those seats disappeared in matter of minutes (for others dates).
Thanks for this. Do they ever open up additional space as the dates get closer if they are unable to sell the seats?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by youvesaiditall
Thanks for this. Do they ever open up additional space as the dates get closer if they are unable to sell the seats?
Yes, but I don't think people have figured out a pattern yet. For a recent flight, I saw additional F availability about 1 week out, but then disappeared a day or two later. Those seats remained empty when we flew out.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by AtomicLush
Yes, but I don't think people have figured out a pattern yet. For a recent flight, I saw additional F availability about 1 week out, but then disappeared a day or two later. Those seats remained empty when we flew out.
Is there a theory as to whether these re-available seats are released at the same consistent time of day as new availability, or if they go up at arbitrary times?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:13 pm

I am only seeing 1 F and 2 J for JFK-NRT and for NRT-JFK
Is this normal?
Old Apr 4, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by tsuru888
I am only seeing 1 F and 2 J for JFK-NRT and for NRT-JFK
Is this normal?
That's abnormal. Normally should be 0F, 0J and most of the time (but not quite all dates) 0Y.

Normally availability will only last for a few minutes or hours, before it's taken and gone.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 6:23 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
On the Japan region site at least, one-way JAL awards are now bookable online. An excellent improvement!
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by armagebedar
On the Japan region site at least, one-way JAL awards are now bookable online. An excellent improvement!
That is also so on the AR site. ^
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
For anyone keeping track of JFK-NRT, it seems like 1 award seat is opening up in J at 30 days out at 9pm EST. No F that I've been seeing.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: DL-PM; Marriott-Plat; SPG (soon RIP) - Plat, and e/t connected to AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by Pochama
For anyone keeping track of JFK-NRT, it seems like 1 award seat is opening up in J at 30 days out at 9pm EST. No F that I've been seeing.
EF account expired and haven't been travelling as much, so no idea on F inventory for sale, but check daily for last minute F ex-USA to NRT, anecdotal evidence shows or two seats as early as 36 hours out. Sorry for no hard data.
Old May 2, 2016, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Pochama
I randomly saw (and booked) 2 J awards a little under 30 days out JFK-NRT.

Originally Posted by AspiringWorldTraveler
EF account expired and haven't been travelling as much, so no idea on F inventory for sale, but check daily for last minute F ex-USA to NRT, anecdotal evidence shows or two seats as early as 36 hours out. Sorry for no hard data.
Good to know. I've love to get the JFK-NRT in F over the J (on the 787) we currently have.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:13 pm

I would very love to get a First Class Award Seat ( JFK - NRT ) sometimes just before ThanksGiving holiday and have been checking the Japan Airlines US website for quite sometimes. Unfortunately, everytime I checked I only see 0 First Class and/or 0 Business Class...... Well, I guess the only thing I can do right now is continue keep checking and wish something can come up......

Last edited by wilson001; May 2, 2016 at 9:32 pm
Old May 3, 2016, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by wilson001
I would very love to get a First Class Award Seat ( JFK - NRT ) sometimes just before ThanksGiving holiday and have been checking the Japan Airlines US website for quite sometimes. Unfortunately, everytime I checked I only see 0 First Class and/or 0 Business Class...... Well, I guess the only thing I can do right now is continue keep checking and wish something can come up......
If anything is being released it is most likely fairly close in to departure. But JAL is not generous with the extra releases on the US routes once the standard 2 are booked.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If anything is being released it is most likely fairly close in to departure. But JAL is not generous with the extra releases on the US routes once the standard 2 are booked.
Oh! That's too bad as I loved their services and their seats/equipments are one of the best. Just curious, I noticed the Japan Airlines US website only update the status once a day - Is there other places that I can check "real time" on the First Class Availability for Japan Airlines ( JFK - NRT )? Of course, I can just simply call them from time to time...... I am just wondering......
Old May 3, 2016, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by wilson001
Oh! That's too bad as I loved their services and their seats/equipments are one of the best. Just curious, I noticed the Japan Airlines US website only update the status once a day - Is there other places that I can check "real time" on the First Class Availability for Japan Airlines ( JFK - NRT )? Of course, I can just simply call them from time to time...... I am just wondering......
If you go in to the booking function rather than just the calendar view, you will get the actual availability.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:01 pm

Programs: QF, CX, BA
Anyone have any idea of my chances of 2 F seats opening up on SYD-NRT-SYD in July? My dates are 8/07 return 24/7 currently no F award seats, but I believe the cabin is either completely empty or perhaps with 1 pax at the moment.

When do these open up? Or is it a bit random?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.