Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL award availability

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by Jermyn
Has anybody ever seen partner availability on either SHA-HND or PVG-NRT?
I've tried searching on both QF and BA sites and I see zero seats for months at a time.

JL search is showing seats but I'd like to book with Avios.
Is available at T330 for sure ^
Old Feb 1, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat,
Originally Posted by fedechat
Is available at T330 for sure ^
It sure is - too bad I can't count and was off by a day. Called this evening to score 2 F seats on the 27th of Dec, but they released the 28th today. Oh well - still got 'um just a day late. ^
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:58 am

There's almost no JL intra-asia availability departing from NRT in the period of 2/10 - 2/16. Does anyone know if they're all sold out or they're just not released yet?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 11:27 pm

CNY

Originally Posted by mattermarkus
There's almost no JL intra-asia availability departing from NRT in the period of 2/10 - 2/16. Does anyone know if they're all sold out or they're just not released yet?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Goosh
An interesting development in regards to JL F award availability since yesterday. Could be temporary, but it looks like they are releasing all but one seat in F as an award 40 days out.

I don't have any proof obviously, but yesterday, dates up to March 8th were released and then after today's update, dates up to March 9th were released. Come tomorrow around 11am pst, if the seats for March 10th are released, I think it might be safe to assume that it's systematic 40 days out.
I've been tracking this too. It seems to have abruptly stopped 3 days before the day I was targeting to grab 2 J or F seats back to the US. Hopefully it's just a temporary stop...
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Duke787
I've been tracking this too. It seems to have abruptly stopped 3 days before the day I was targeting to grab 2 J or F seats back to the US. Hopefully it's just a temporary stop...
I think it is a correction of an error, and we are now back to normal. Why should the release all seats that far out? A lot of paid first class travel will be late to last minute bookings or rebookings that JL would want to be able to accommodate. From time to time there are these spikes in availability, but they usually disappear quickly again.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I think it is a correction of an error, and we are now back to normal. Why should the release all seats that far out? A lot of paid first class travel will be late to last minute bookings or rebookings that JL would want to be able to accommodate. From time to time there are these spikes in availability, but they usually disappear quickly again.
Fair enough - timing is unfortunate for me but guess I'll just have to wait until close-in!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
Quote:

Fair enough - timing is unfortunate for me but guess I'll just have to wait until close-in!
I noticed the same today, but I also noticed that close in availability has been extended a bit. Before, last minute seats didn't up until maybe 3 or 4 days out from departure date depending on loads. Now I'm seeing coveted routes like LAX-NRT available up to 10 days out and other routes even further out. Maybe they are fine tuning or just trying to keep us on our toes.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:42 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Exactly! Glad that they fixed it much faster this time. Took them much longer to realized their mistake last time.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goosh
I noticed the same today, but I also noticed that close in availability has been extended a bit. Before, last minute seats didn't up until maybe 3 or 4 days out from departure date depending on loads. Now I'm seeing coveted routes like LAX-NRT available up to 10 days out and other routes even further out. Maybe they are fine tuning or just trying to keep us on our toes.
Originally Posted by JALPak
Exactly! Glad that they fixed it much faster this time. Took them much longer to realized their mistake last time.
Oh I don't blame them at all. Just means I need to rethink my strategy for getting home from DPS in 6 weeks. I was planning on being able to get it done before leaving but now might just have to monitor while traveling and book return flights during the trip.

All good though!
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:54 pm

Oh I don't blame them at all. Just means I need to rethink my strategy for getting home from DPS in 6 weeks. I was planning on being able to get it done before leaving but now might just have to monitor while traveling and book return flights during the trip.

All good though!
Hope you are checking other carriers too. Inventory control may decide to release less awards now to recover the loss LOL
Old Feb 5, 2016, 1:08 pm

Guys is there's a website to prompt JAL opening? Expert flyer don't have JAL. Really need one J seat from US to NRT/HND on Nov 10. Wife is already booked and m jus trying to find somethin to fly with her. Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by anubond005
Guys is there's a website to prompt JAL opening? Expert flyer don't have JAL. Really need one J seat from US to NRT/HND on Nov 10. Wife is already booked and m jus trying to find somethin to fly with her. Thanks.
Not that I am aware of.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anubond005
Yes. AwardNexus definitely does. It's free for FT members for short searches and then you can pay for more. It'll run an auto search at set intervals if you like.

I think KVS does as well but I have not used KVS before.

Full disclosure I am not associated with EF or AwardNexus I just happen to use both for my various award needs.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 6:34 pm

Yes. AwardNexus definitely does. It's free for FT members for short searches and then you can pay for more. It'll run an auto search at set intervals if you like.

I think KVS does as well but I have not used KVS before.

Full disclosure I am not associated with EF or AwardNexus I just happen to use both for my various award needs.
Thanks for the tip. I checked and they do let you sign up for free to search award flights but you pay for reminders. I think Fee is way to high comp to Expertflyer thou. May be worth it for someone flying a lot using miles. Cheers!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.