Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL award availability

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Got 2 F seats for next spring

JFK-NRT using AA miles. 62,500 miles and $5.00 each. Checked the BA site first then called AA
Old May 22, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I had an odd experience with HND-SFO. I wanted to get two tix in F, one for my wife and one for me. These tickets are for late July. I searched every day on BA.com for the past few months... Nothing. I figured I might have to wait until a day or two before my flight, a risk I was willing to take. Then a week ago, boom - a single seat in F opened up! Alright - my wife had a seat... Now time to keep the search alive for me!

After I booked her flight, I checked again, and the seat was gone. The next day, nothing. Then the next day, boom! Another seat! Yanked that seat... Inventory again showed zero.

48 hours later, boom again - a 3rd seat opened. Didn't need that one though - but i just thought this was interesting. Anyone know if they do "reactive" releasing of seats? Either way, excited to fly HND-SFO in F w/ my wife!
not2017 likes this.
Old May 22, 2015, 4:11 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by hungarianhc
I had an odd experience with HND-SFO. I wanted to get two tix in F, one for my wife and one for me. These tickets are for late July. I searched every day on BA.com for the past few months... Nothing. I figured I might have to wait until a day or two before my flight, a risk I was willing to take. Then a week ago, boom - a single seat in F opened up! Alright - my wife had a seat... Now time to keep the search alive for me!

After I booked her flight, I checked again, and the seat was gone. The next day, nothing. Then the next day, boom! Another seat! Yanked that seat... Inventory again showed zero.

48 hours later, boom again - a 3rd seat opened. Didn't need that one though - but i just thought this was interesting. Anyone know if they do "reactive" releasing of seats? Either way, excited to fly HND-SFO in F w/ my wife!
The F inventory has been weird lately.
Old May 22, 2015, 6:44 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by ENFO
This was incredibly helpful, even if I'm not the OP. Thanks.
+1 Just happened to be thinking about this subject today and agree, Goosh's post is spot on what I needed!
Old May 23, 2015, 2:51 pm

Thepointsguy posted about how F availability was widely available. I was hoping I would still have availability, given how many follow his post, but the seats are still widely available (and I got mine).
Old May 27, 2015, 12:49 pm

I believe this has been "fixed". Anyone else confirm?
Old May 27, 2015, 4:48 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by bmchris
Or someone grAAbbed all the seats
Old May 27, 2015, 5:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
It sure has since last week.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
JFK-NRT using AA miles. 62,500 miles and $5.00 each. Checked the BA site first then called AA
I booked an award flight from DTW to SFO to HND to SIN (route trip) for Business class (110,000 miles plus 69.50USD taxes) from AA miles

I wonder how could you get only $5 tax for one way?
Do I miss something?
Old May 28, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Priority Club, HHonors
I booked an F AAdvantage award two weeks ago on JL JFK-SGN for next Feb. Before deciding on dates, I made notes of the available dates between 15 Feb and 15 Mar 2016 from the award availability on the BA site with 1 F award seat. Of the 30 or so days, there was 1 F seat available on 19. Our of curiosity because of this thread, I just rechecked those dates. There is now 1 F seat JFK-SGN on only 9 of those dates. So is that inventory tightening or an algorithm change on JL's part, or that JL didn't make a change but all the online postings about the open spigot on JL availability resulted in space being grabbed up? Impossible to know, but that's the availability change I see over a space of two weeks.
Old May 28, 2015, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jal pulled a lot of inventory overnight - i was looking at multiple dates with 4 seats available and they all vanished at once last thursday iirc.
Old May 28, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by azepine00
Jal pulled a lot of inventory overnight - i was looking at multiple dates with 4 seats available and they all vanished at once last thursday iirc.
It had to have been a glitch. I had been following a flight for a near term trip (for months actually) when everything opened up. It took a full day for the blogs to catch on, but I shared the info with some friends first so hopefully they got in.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:55 am

I think it was a glitch. I'm connecting ITM-HND for one of my flights. Before the glitch, availability on the connection day was sporadic. The heavens opened up. Not only was F widely available, but availability for those connecting flights became open for the entire day.

And when the F availability dried up, I went back into the ITM-HND availability, and it was exactly as it was before the glitch. I was planning on switching my flight, but obviously could no longer. But at least I got my F seats!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 9:34 am

Do canceled award seats go back into the pool immediately, assuming they are to become available again? Or do they wait for the daily data load?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 1:01 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Do canceled award seats go back into the pool immediately, assuming they are to become available again? Or do they wait for the daily data load?
It probably depends on the inventory in relation to the T-minus departure date. I have had a flight released back to inventory by one friend appear immediately to be booked by another friend minutes later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.