Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Bangkok Airways using Japan Miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Looks like CNX-USM-BKK should work for 5,000 miles? Assuming they have award availability?

Edit: I'm looking all the way out to August 2017. Going to have to hope for an extension first.

Last edited by Nehawk; Dec 8, 2016 at 11:45 am
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:24 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Nehawk
Looks like CNX-USM-BKK should work for 5,000 miles? Assuming they have award availability?
Total sector miles for one-way redemption is 942 miles (645 + 297).
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
Total sector miles for one-way redemption is 942 miles (645 + 297).
Perfect! I'm not traveling until August so I'll have to check back later to see if JAL extends this promotion again.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: JGC premier
if your dates are fixed maybe it's better to pay the normal fare? Didn't check exact route but I was checking out return flights bkk- siem reap for july and the base fare was so cheap, about 30usd each way. In fact, taxes cost about double the base fare which you'll have to pay when redeeming the award anyway, so it doesn't really make sense to redeem an award flight even at 5000 mile price.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by bakaneko85
if your dates are fixed maybe it's better to pay the normal fare? Didn't check exact route but I was checking out return flights bkk- siem reap for july and the base fare was so cheap, about 30usd each way. In fact, taxes cost about double the base fare which you'll have to pay when redeeming the award anyway, so it doesn't really make sense to redeem an award flight even at 5000 mile price.
The itinerary I'm looking at (CNX-USM-BKK) is currently pricing out at $235 USD. Really hoping JAL extends the promo!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
extended thru end of september.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:55 am
kkl

Managed to book for myself and partner today 5K JAL per person BKK-USM. They have given me both JAL and PG booking numbers. But unable to pull them up on checkmytrip as its not ticketed yet.

They said around 18-24 hours for ticketing. Anyone have any data points?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 7:09 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kkl
Managed to book for myself and partner today 5K JAL per person BKK-USM. They have given me both JAL and PG booking numbers. But unable to pull them up on checkmytrip as its not ticketed yet.

They said around 18-24 hours for ticketing. Anyone have any data points?
Not sure about PG but JL does not use Amadeus. You won't be able to pull up the record from checkmytrip using JL PNR.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:23 pm
kkl

Originally Posted by JALPak
Not sure about PG but JL does not use Amadeus. You won't be able to pull up the record from checkmytrip using JL PNR.
Thanks for the info!

Ive just logged into my JAL account and the miles are still in the account. Assume its not ticketed yet.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:35 pm

Anyone book Business class on HKG-USM-HKG ? What is the award code ? Thanks for any advice
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:15 pm

Unless I've missed something, it looks like the discount mileage promotion is ending for using JAL miles for Bangkok Airways is ending this September 30th. The JAL phone reps were not aware of any additional extensions for this promo, and I would be curious if anyone has any insight into whether or not there is any chance this might be extended again. Was hoping to use awards for a few flights this December, but the regular JAL mileage levels don't seem like a good value for the shorter flights.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I have the same question as above. Does anyone know if the promotion will be extended?
Old Oct 7, 2017, 1:53 am
kkl

Does not seem to be extended? Any updates?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Confirmed not extended. Paid 15k for sub-1,000mi redemption today. Fees (YQ, tax) 1/3 of revenue ticket. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.