Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL to enhance lounge service at AOJ from Apr 1 2015 and KIX from Jul 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:26 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

Japanese Press Release: http://press.jal.co.jp/ja/release/201503/003294.html
English Blog Post: http://www.jalflyer.com/2015/03/jal-...at-kansai.html

At AOJ, JAL will use the shared airport lounge
At KIX, the current int'l Sakura Lounge will be renovated and have similar looks to the ones at HND.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by JALPak
Japanese Press Release: http://press.jal.co.jp/ja/release/201503/003294.html
English Blog Post: http://www.jalflyer.com/2015/03/jal-...at-kansai.html

At AOJ, JAL will use the shared airport lounge
At KIX, the current int'l Sakura Lounge will be renovated and have similar looks to the ones at HND.
How bad is the KIX lounge currently?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brabb12
How bad is the KIX lounge currently?
Bad enough for me to give up 2x FOPs and not fly KIX-LAX on my return

There are plenty of images online. Just google JAL Sakura Lounge KIX.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:53 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Definitely a response to NH's lounge renovations at KIX -- and a welcome update!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by armagebedar
Definitely a response to NH's lounge renovations at KIX -- and a welcome update!
Or just a preparation for more long-haul flights. I believe there's no shower at KIX right now? Since the cabin refresh thing is now gone?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 4:05 am
Original Poster

http://press.jal.co.jp/ja/release/201507/003439.html

The KIX Sakura Lounge will be ready on July 21 2015
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Very happy about this one. Planning a OW Explorer trip in early 2016 and KIX will definitely be one of the stops.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11A501 Safari/9537.53)

The kix jl lounge was as good as the others in kix. Plenty of seats n hv some special choice of food. None of these issues these people are complaining about.

But well lets welcome the new improved lounge. Its a bloody trek for cxflights nonetheless
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
I had a post-renovation visit to the KIX Sakura Lounge and left quite unimpressed. If anything, it reminded of a United Club (As a HNL-based UA flyer, that's saying quite something!)

Food was fine, the curry and rice was nice, some dim sum-type items. Other things like the fruits/cream sandwich, gyudon, etc. disappeared rather quickly. Drinks were also good, I like the orange-flavored plum wine. It was nice, but nowhere as nice as I imagined (also have not flown JL in years). But all of this really pales in comparison if you walk outside to the restaurant section of KIX with much fresher food say at that Priority Pass-accepting restaurant. Most of all, the lounge seemed dim and didn't feel bright and new, as say the Sakura Lounge Hale. - JAL International Flights, my basis for comparison.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:51 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by msp3
I had a post-renovation visit to the KIX Sakura Lounge and left quite unimpressed. If anything, it reminded of a United Club (As a HNL-based UA flyer, that's saying quite something!)

Food was fine, the curry and rice was nice, some dim sum-type items. Other things like the fruits/cream sandwich, gyudon, etc. disappeared rather quickly. Drinks were also good, I like the orange-flavored plum wine. It was nice, but nowhere as nice as I imagined (also have not flown JL in years). But all of this really pales in comparison if you walk outside to the restaurant section of KIX with much fresher food say at that Priority Pass-accepting restaurant. Most of all, the lounge seemed dim and didn't feel bright and new, as say the Sakura Lounge Hale. - JAL International Flights, my basis for comparison.
i dont see any lounges that are better in KIX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.