Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Japan Airlines JL F out of ORD - which lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:10 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver

Hello, for flying out of ORD in JL F, what lounge can I use? And when can I check in? I remember flying CX F out of ORD and went to the check in gate too early and there were no agents yet, wouldn't want that to happen again. Thanks in advance!
jagoffee likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:49 pm
glg

JL goes out of Terminal 3 (the AA terminal), you can use either the Flagship Lounge (First) or Admiral's Club (Biz). You won't have access to any oneworld lounges in Terminal 5. Someone else will have to help with when checkin opens.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:28 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

For future FTers: check in counter agents showed up around 0845 for the 1155 flight to NRT.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
I stumbled across this where someone seems to have taken the same flight out of ORD

http://milesdownunder.com/2015/02/re...ounge-chicago/
Old Mar 11, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
I actually like the Admirals Club more than the flagship lounge. The latter is cramped and the seats aren't comfortable.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 3:02 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by exmike
I actually like the Admirals Club more than the flagship lounge. The latter is cramped and the seats aren't comfortable.
Go to Flagship and load up on expensive alcohol and food, and then go to Admiral Club when Flaship lounge starts to get crowded. It's better to get buzzed on good liquor and maintain it with cheap beer than it is to get buzzed on cheap beer and then maintain it with more cheap beer.

Try the Avion, you'll love it.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
For a SkyTeam flyer like me, could you all clarify the differences between Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge?

I haven't been in the ORD Admirals Club in at least 15 years, since I was a bicoastal college kid flying AA a lot. Will be on AA/JL connecting to the JL ORD-NRT flight in Business. No OW status.

And, am I right that JL arrives at Terminal 5 (the international terminal) but departs from Terminal 3 (the AA terminal)? Presumably, the tow the big bird from one to the other.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
For a SkyTeam flyer like me, could you all clarify the differences between Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge?

I haven't been in the ORD Admirals Club in at least 15 years, since I was a bicoastal college kid flying AA a lot. Will be on AA/JL connecting to the JL ORD-NRT flight in Business. No OW status.

And, am I right that JL arrives at Terminal 5 (the international terminal) but departs from Terminal 3 (the AA terminal)? Presumably, the tow the big bird from one to the other.
Admiral's club is the standard lounge. Think DL Skyclub. Flagship Lounge is a first class lounge which is only for people flying F internationally (excluding Canada and the Caribbean) and for top-tier One World elites. It has self-pour alcohol of higher quality, and has actual food (generally appetizer bites). It's more intimate and typically quieter except for peak periods.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:48 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by glg
You won't have access to any oneworld lounges in Terminal 5.
I have been able to clear security at T5 just to visit the two Priority Pass lounges, even when departing out of T3 - you just have to tell TSA, and they have to get a supervisor, and it's a PITA, but you can do it.

Wondering if you could access the BA F lounge in T5 this way if departing on JL in F.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:21 am

No showers in the Flagship lounge. I like to shower and change prior to long hauls.

You will also get coupons for a bento box or sandwich. We skipped these in lieu of the F class catering. Which I also recommend doing if you are not immediatelly hungry.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:08 am

Hi,
I couldn't find this information when I tried googling for it. But does anyone know how early the JAL check in desks open for the ORD flight? We will likely be connecting from DFW, but because AA won't check my bag through to TPE (my NRT to TPE flight will be on JL but on a separate PRN), I will likely get in early to ORD, pick up my bags, and check them in with JAL, since my understanding is JAL will check through even if two separate PRNs? The AA flight from DFW would get us in around 7:22 am. Will the JAL counters be open by then?

Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by DFW1972
Hi,
I couldn't find this information when I tried googling for it. But does anyone know how early the JAL check in desks open for the ORD flight? We will likely be connecting from DFW, but because AA won't check my bag through to TPE (my NRT to TPE flight will be on JL but on a separate PRN), I will likely get in early to ORD, pick up my bags, and check them in with JAL, since my understanding is JAL will check through even if two separate PRNs? The AA flight from DFW would get us in around 7:22 am. Will the JAL counters be open by then?

Thanks!
So you Googled it... JAL website specifically indicates check-in at ORD starts 3 hrs. prior to the departure...
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:21 am

Thanks. That's good to know. Yeah.. I googled it and I didn't see the information on the JAL page that came up: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/airport/ord/transit/

I even added "flyertalk" to my search (knowing how awesome everyone here is) since JAL doesn't have the most user friendly website, IMO, but nothing came up. Thanks again or sharing the information. I guess I should have spent more time on the JAL website and less time searching in this forum! I've just gotten so used to getting all my information here! LOL
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:19 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Since you are on one PNR from DFW-ORD-NRT AA will probably NOT short check your bag to just ORD....

However, AA may check the bag through to TPE even though on 2 PNRs. Be sure and bring printed proof of the NRT-TPE PNR to show the DFW AA agent.

Good news: At ORD, AA and JL share the same Terminal 3 for this direction of your trip (not so for return to USA).

Last edited by roberto99; Feb 2, 2018 at 2:51 pm
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by DFW1972
Hi,

Thanks!
You might want to check with JL either before the trip on in ORD. I seem to recall getting onetime getting JL to intercept my bags enroute and re-tagging them. Can't remember the circumstances, but they were pretty helpful.
rustykettel likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.