Wiki Posts
Search

Checking luggage CTS-HND/NRT-SYD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Checking luggage CTS-HND/NRT-SYD

On above 'through' itinerary would JL check your luggage through to your final destination given that you need to change airports in Tokyo?

I am also looking at the various door-to-door (or door to airport) delivery services but as far as I can tell you need to send your luggage 2 days before your flight which would be somewhat problematic as you would not have your luggage on the final day of your vacation (in this case ski equipment and ski clothes).
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:39 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by pschafer
On above 'through' itinerary would JL check your luggage through to your final destination given that you need to change airports in Tokyo?

I am also looking at the various door-to-door (or door to airport) delivery services but as far as I can tell you need to send your luggage 2 days before your flight which would be somewhat problematic as you would not have your luggage on the final day of your vacation (in this case ski equipment and ski clothes).
No, you need to pick up your luggages at HND and transport them to NRT yourself.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: JGC Sapphire
Originally Posted by pschafer

My solution is to take the following limousinbus.

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/bu...airport_route/

Take your luggage to NRT, and put it in coin locker or left luggage counter, if you want to stay at Tokyo for a day or 2.

If you are going to stay in Tokyo and arrive/depart from a different airport with bulky luggage, I would recommend Tokyo Metropolitan Hotel Ikebukuro, they have limouinbus to both NRT and HND, which is quite rare.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Originally Posted by nshizuka25
My solution is to take the following limousinbus.

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/bu...airport_route/

Take your luggage to NRT, and put it in coin locker or left luggage counter, if you want to stay at Tokyo for a day or 2.

If you are going to stay in Tokyo and arrive/depart from a different airport with bulky luggage, I would recommend Tokyo Metropolitan Hotel Ikebukuro, they have limouinbus to both NRT and HND, which is quite rare.
Many thanks, this limobus seems like the way to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.