Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JL17 YVR to NRT 787 Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:00 pm

SkySuite III on JL17

My mom took JL 17 on March 10. My son and I took JL 17 on March 13. Both fliggt has SkySuite III on-board. Not sure if they let us use the plane for Seattle or it is permanent.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 1:48 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Manpau
My mom took JL 17 on March 10. My son and I took JL 17 on March 13. Both fliggt has SkySuite III on-board. Not sure if they let us use the plane for Seattle or it is permanent.
SEA has the superior SKY SUITE not SKY SUITE III
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 12:34 pm

been searching everywhere and getting mixed messages, what exactly is this flying right now? Suite or neo? I'm going in mid may.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by gahafa
been searching everywhere and getting mixed messages, what exactly is this flying right now? Suite or neo? I'm going in mid may.
NEO is scheduled currently, and in May.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
YVR historically always had the worst seats. I can remember the really old ones omg.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
YVR historically always had the worst seats. I can remember the really old ones omg.
YVR will be getting Sky Suites from June. Though not the Apex suites, so still not the absolute prime seats
Old Mar 30, 2019, 7:39 pm

i see 767 in june, odd.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gahafa
i see 767 in june, odd.
Which has the Vantage seat, SSII
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm thinking of booking this later today. I just read and found out that there's no lie-flat biz seat. Kind of disappointing, but I guess since the flight departs from YVR in the afternoon, I probably won't sleep much anyways. Have anything changed for this flight to NRT and back to YVR changed much over the years? If I do book this flight, I intend to use the SkyTeam lounge at YVR. Does JL have a decent lounge at YVR? What about at Narita? What are my choices? I'll probably show up at the airport earlier just to experience everything that comes with a J-fare flight.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henhen
Sorry to bump this thread after a while but has anyone flew this routing in recent months?
Is the route still serviced by the NEO shell angle flat seats?

I'm looking at some J awards from NRT-YVR-onwards and the NRT-YVR segment shows availability on date I need but not as appealing if it's still the old seat. Given it's a night flight, I'd be looking to get some sleep.
I thought JL only operate one flight a day out of YVR and it departs in the afternoon? How is that a night flight?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
YVR will be getting Sky Suites from June. Though not the Apex suites, so still not the absolute prime seats
Is this definitive now? I'm seeing conflicting information posted in this thread. I'm planning to fly in the first week of June and I would love to get the new seats.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsquare
Is this definitive now? I'm seeing conflicting information posted in this thread. I'm planning to fly in the first week of June and I would love to get the new seats.
Yes, from June it will be a Boeing 767-300 with Skysuite II. Which are the Vantage seats. Equivalent to e.g. Swiss busines class on A330/A340. Except there are fewer seats across as the 767 cabin is narrower. So no throne seats.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Yes, from June it will be a Boeing 767-300 with Skysuite II. Which are the Vantage seats. Equivalent to e.g. Swiss busines class on A330/A340. Except there are fewer seats across as the 767 cabin is narrower. So no throne seats.
Can JAL change planes without notice? Say if one book a fare now and it says B787, but then it'll change to a 767?

In your opinion, which is the better product?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:19 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by lsquare
Can JAL change planes without notice? Say if one book a fare now and it says B787, but then it'll change to a 767?

In your opinion, which is the better product?
Of course. They can even cancel your flight without notice for operational reasons.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
Of course. They can even cancel your flight without notice for operational reasons.
Not so funny for the last part. I was searching for flights on Google Flights and it does show which airplane will be used. I was just curious on which product I'll getting. Thank you for your help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.