JL17 YVR to NRT 787 Business Class

Reply

Old Mar 14, 19, 1:00 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 1
SkySuite III on JL17

My mom took JL 17 on March 10. My son and I took JL 17 on March 13. Both fliggt has SkySuite III on-board. Not sure if they let us use the plane for Seattle or it is permanent.
Manpau is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 19, 1:48 pm
  #32  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,863
Originally Posted by Manpau View Post
My mom took JL 17 on March 10. My son and I took JL 17 on March 13. Both fliggt has SkySuite III on-board. Not sure if they let us use the plane for Seattle or it is permanent.
SEA has the superior SKY SUITE not SKY SUITE III
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 19, 12:34 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
been searching everywhere and getting mixed messages, what exactly is this flying right now? Suite or neo? I'm going in mid may.
gahafa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 19, 2:29 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,535
Originally Posted by gahafa View Post
been searching everywhere and getting mixed messages, what exactly is this flying right now? Suite or neo? I'm going in mid may.
NEO is scheduled currently, and in May.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 19, 10:45 am
  #35  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BKK & Seat 2A
Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
Posts: 9,249
YVR historically always had the worst seats. I can remember the really old ones omg.
skywalkerLAX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 19, 11:18 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,535
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
YVR historically always had the worst seats. I can remember the really old ones omg.
YVR will be getting Sky Suites from June. Though not the Apex suites, so still not the absolute prime seats
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 19, 7:39 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 2
i see 767 in june, odd.
gahafa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 19, 9:41 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,535
Originally Posted by gahafa View Post
i see 767 in june, odd.
Which has the Vantage seat, SSII
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 19, 3:47 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,364
I'm thinking of booking this later today. I just read and found out that there's no lie-flat biz seat. Kind of disappointing, but I guess since the flight departs from YVR in the afternoon, I probably won't sleep much anyways. Have anything changed for this flight to NRT and back to YVR changed much over the years? If I do book this flight, I intend to use the SkyTeam lounge at YVR. Does JL have a decent lounge at YVR? What about at Narita? What are my choices? I'll probably show up at the airport earlier just to experience everything that comes with a J-fare flight.
lsquare is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 19, 3:56 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,364
Originally Posted by henhen View Post
Sorry to bump this thread after a while but has anyone flew this routing in recent months?
Is the route still serviced by the NEO shell angle flat seats?

I'm looking at some J awards from NRT-YVR-onwards and the NRT-YVR segment shows availability on date I need but not as appealing if it's still the old seat. Given it's a night flight, I'd be looking to get some sleep.
I thought JL only operate one flight a day out of YVR and it departs in the afternoon? How is that a night flight?
lsquare is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 19, 4:00 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,364
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
YVR will be getting Sky Suites from June. Though not the Apex suites, so still not the absolute prime seats
Is this definitive now? I'm seeing conflicting information posted in this thread. I'm planning to fly in the first week of June and I would love to get the new seats.
lsquare is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 19, 4:08 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Posts: 8,535
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Is this definitive now? I'm seeing conflicting information posted in this thread. I'm planning to fly in the first week of June and I would love to get the new seats.
Yes, from June it will be a Boeing 767-300 with Skysuite II. Which are the Vantage seats. Equivalent to e.g. Swiss busines class on A330/A340. Except there are fewer seats across as the 767 cabin is narrower. So no throne seats.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 19, 4:10 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,364
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Yes, from June it will be a Boeing 767-300 with Skysuite II. Which are the Vantage seats. Equivalent to e.g. Swiss busines class on A330/A340. Except there are fewer seats across as the 767 cabin is narrower. So no throne seats.
Can JAL change planes without notice? Say if one book a fare now and it says B787, but then it'll change to a 767?

In your opinion, which is the better product?
lsquare is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 19, 4:19 pm
  #44  
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LAX
Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, oneworld Emerald, SPG Gold
Posts: 14,863
Originally Posted by lsquare View Post
Can JAL change planes without notice? Say if one book a fare now and it says B787, but then it'll change to a 767?

In your opinion, which is the better product?
Of course. They can even cancel your flight without notice for operational reasons.
JALPak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 19, 4:26 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,364
Originally Posted by JALPak View Post
Of course. They can even cancel your flight without notice for operational reasons.
Not so funny for the last part. I was searching for flights on Google Flights and it does show which airplane will be used. I was just curious on which product I'll getting. Thank you for your help.
lsquare is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread