Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Sakura and First Lounges @JFK to close 1Nov'14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

If you hurry, you can still experience these fantastic lounges! (I wonder if this foreshadows a move to AA T8.)

Change of the lounge at JFK International Airport

The lounge service at JFK International Airport is going to be changed. Customer travelling on/after 01November, 2014 will be invited to the Air France Lounge.

It is a comfortable sunny lounge, just finished refurbishment in October, 2014, with view of Manhattan in the distance. Relax and unwind yourself before departure.

We regret to announce that JAL First Class Lounge and SAKURA Lounge will be closed on 31 October, 2014.

We appreciate your kind understanding.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/141027.html
Old Oct 31, 2014, 11:47 am

Strange that they gave such short notice. Surely this must have been known to them well in advance?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:42 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
This will be an upgrade to the existing lounges. Finally can have showers before flight.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:44 am

Any idea how long the lounge refurb will lasts?

Any report on First class lounge @ JFK for AF?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by anchor79
Any idea how long the lounge refurb will lasts?

Any report on First class lounge @ JFK for AF?
The refurb is done in oct
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JALPak
The refurb is done in oct
Are you referring to the JL lounges, or the AF lounge, and are you referring to Oct'14 or Oct'15?

I thought the JL lounges close[d] permanently on 1 Nov'14. The AF lounge may be nicer in some ways, but it is still not a JL lounge.

It looks like there is a First Class section within the AF lounge, upstairs, which is open to JL First pax, and Diamonds and Premiers.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by GaryD
Are you referring to the JL lounges, or the AF lounge, and are you referring to Oct'14 or Oct'15?

I thought the JL lounges close[d] permanently on 1 Nov'14. The AF lounge may be nicer in some ways, but it is still not a JL lounge.

It looks like there is a First Class section within the AF lounge, upstairs, which is open to JL First pax, and Diamonds and Premiers.
The AF lounge obviously as you pointed out the JAL lounges are permanently closed.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

The AF lounge obviously as you pointed out the JAL lounges are permanently closed.
It wasn't so obvious to anchor79, and perhaps to others.

To be clear, the refurbishment of the AF lounge was finished in Oct'14. Until then, AF pax were using the JL lounges.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I have mixed feeling about this. I was debating between SFO-HND or JFK-NRT in F; guess I'll take the JL1.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 5:00 am

It wasn't so obvious to anchor79, and perhaps to others.

To be clear, the refurbishment of the AF lounge was finished in Oct'14. Until then, AF pax were using the JL lounges.
It is obviously if you read the original from JMB member page.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:08 am
Original Poster

This will be an upgrade to the existing lounges. Finally can have showers before flight.
It is obviously if you read the original from JMB member page.
But then it became unobvious again when you wrote the first post above!

AF lounges might be nicer, and they will have JL staff at flight times, but let's be clear, "the existing lounges" are gone forever (or, until further notice, perhaps in T8).
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:50 am

But then it became unobvious again when you wrote the first post above!

AF lounges might be nicer, and they will have JL staff at flight times, but let's be clear, "the existing lounges" are gone forever (or, until further notice, perhaps in T8).
I meant AF lounge is an upgrade to the back then existing Sakura and JAL F Lounges obviously LOL .
Old Nov 3, 2014, 2:57 pm

Does anyone know if the AF opening time has been adjusted? Looking at the limited information it appears the AF lounge opened at noon. With JL5 departing at 12:05pm, this would effectively leave no lounge service for passengers on this flight.
Hoping that the negotiations for accessing the AF lounge included changes to the opening time.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by sprengel
Does anyone know if the AF opening time has been adjusted? Looking at the limited information it appears the AF lounge opened at noon. With JL5 departing at 12:05pm, this would effectively leave no lounge service for passengers on this flight.
Hoping that the negotiations for accessing the AF lounge included changes to the opening time.
The lounge will be open when JL005 check-in starts for sure. I wouldn't worry about that.

Welcome to JAL forum and FT between.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton, Marriott Rewards,SPG
What about JAL flight 3 that leaves at 9:25AM. I guess there won't be lounge access for that flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.