Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL Introduces Tumi Amenity Kits in Long Haul Business Class

JAL Introduces Tumi Amenity Kits in Long Haul Business Class

Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:40 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
It's just a TUMI pouch with no JAL branding, at least not from what I see without opening it. Not sure what all the hype is about. It's just a pouch.
ok there's a small JAL logo inside lol
Old Nov 9, 2014, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by mangoMan
I've always wondered what the big fuss is over amenity kits. I agree: they are a waste. They should just make a selection of items normally found in kits available (on a bar or credenza for example) for passengers to take as needed. That would cut down on waste as each pax would just use what they need during the flight.
The waste on individual wrap (per) item are much higher than just one full kit. It is not like you don't know how Japanese wrap everything individually rather than no wrapping or in a reusable bag/case.

Originally Posted by Bookexp
I like EVA Air's Rimowa Amenity Kits. It's a hard shell case and very durable. I don't think much of it until I heard these kits become collectible. People actually sell Eva's Rimowa kit for $60.00 on EBay.

Tumi's amenity kit might get the similar status as Eva's Rimowa. I think JAL is probably following EVA (or Singapore's Givenchy bag) strategy.
No it won't, Rimowa is one of a kind and nothing compare to it, however Tumi is just another bag that stick the Tumi logo onto the bag (there are tons of other amenity kit bags that use the same material just like on the Tumi bag, Tumi is just a common known brand that's all). DL and MH (also TG for a short while) had been using Tumi for quite a while now. You can also compare the average asking price on ebay between Rimowa and Tumi to see if Tumi really have the same status as Rimowa.

JL is probably following their direct competitor NH's strategy not BR, as NH just changed from amenity basket to a basic Loccitane amenity kit a year ago.

Oh btw, SQ is using Ferragamo currently, before that it was Sothys, Kiehl's, Ferragamo (first batch), and Bvlgari, never had Givenchy for amenity kit ! You are probably mistaken for SQ's Givenchy PJ ! Givenchy only do PJ for SQ not amenity kit !

SQ's strategy for the Ferragamo or Bvlgari amenity kit is about the full size bottle of fragrance inside the bag but not the bag itself. SQ is the only airline provide that, not even EK ! As even EK use Bvlgari, it only has a small pour on size fragrance bottle, for SQ it is a full retail size big spray bottle.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Nov 9, 2014 at 6:58 pm
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:38 am

so many of them end up on yahoo auction

http://closedsearch.auctions.yahoo.c...AL/2084061656/
Old Nov 21, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: AA:1MM
Haha, my wife's hobby and my hobby might be colliding. She's spent over 10 man on yahoo auctions buying things. Maybe she'll need to sell some of these after we fly in December.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:57 pm

Hopefully the kit will switch to the spring/summer design with the seasonal menu change in March so I will get a different kit on my next flight
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:33 pm

JAL has finally rolled out the "spring" color. Website is also updated.

http://www.jal.co.jp/inflight/inter/business/c_service/
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:43 pm

Here's a bigger picture from daboogah

https://twitter.com/daboogah/status/...559040/photo/1
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I like the red one better... More JAL'esque
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I like the red one better... More JAL'esque
Yup! Same here! The shape of the new one is more feminine too.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JALPak
Yup! Same here! The shape of the new one is more feminine too.
Now that I have a couple of the new shape, I still like the red colour better but the new shape is perhaps more practical for later use. So can we have the new bag in the red colour please?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
These won't be available on regional (intra-Asia) J, right? Like, Shanghai to Tokyo or Bangkok to Tokyo.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by barracuda93
These won't be available on regional (intra-Asia) J, right? Like, Shanghai to Tokyo or Bangkok to Tokyo.
They are not. Bangkok, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, etc has a small cloth bag. Not sure about China a d Taiwan routes. Nothing on Korea.

PS on long haul they are running Zero Halliburton kits now. This thread is quite old.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, JAL Sapphire
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
They are not. Bangkok, Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City, etc has a small cloth bag. Not sure about China a d Taiwan routes. Nothing on Korea.

PS on long haul they are running Zero Halliburton kits now. This thread is quite old.

Nothing on flights to Taipei. The attendants will come around with a tray of eye shades, tooth brushes, and ear plugs. That's it.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
How about SIN/KUL/CGK mId-haul routes?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.