Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fast track security in Haneda

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by kaka
Flying cx today and am jgc (gf a JL SAPPHIRE). We were told must be cx cards to gain access w cx flight- turned away by airport staff and confirmed by cx manager.
That's how it has been from day one of the fast tracl. Have the status on the airline you are flying, or don't use. On QR even business class does not qualify, only their own OWE.
nealaws likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:31 am

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
Recently had my JMB Sapphire rejected when flying QF as well. HND is a world class airport with a backwards priority lane system.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
Recently had my JMB Sapphire rejected when flying QF as well. HND is a world class airport with a backwards priority lane system.
Well it gives priority to those who are real premium.

i wonder what if ure on a codeshare
Old Jul 23, 2017, 10:18 pm

Well it gives priority to those who are real premium.

i wonder what if ure on a codeshare
I don't think JL and QF codeshare on any JP-AU routes. For example, for TYO-BNE, JL would rather route me through SIN and then put me on a codeshare operated by QF rather than recommend QF's direct flights from NRT or their HND flight via SYD.

From what I've read, JL and QF can't cooperate too much due to anti-trust concerns.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:09 am
Suspended

I don't think JL and QF codeshare on any JP-AU routes. For example, for TYO-BNE, JL would rather route me through SIN and then put me on a codeshare operated by QF rather than recommend QF's direct flights from NRT or their HND flight via SYD.

From what I've read, JL and QF can't cooperate too much due to anti-trust concerns.
well but CX and JL codeshares on each other for HKG HND HKG
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:57 pm

well but CX and JL codeshares on each other for HKG HND HKG
Hong Kong isn't Australia.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Hong Kong isn't Australia.
I doubt HND would care where the flight is going other than being a codeshare flight or not
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:28 pm

I doubt HND would care where the flight is going other than being a codeshare flight or not
???

Not sure what you're referring to, but:

1. HND has slot restrictions that are geographic in nature
2. JL+CX codeshare partnership differs from JL+QF
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
???

Not sure what you're referring to, but:

1. HND has slot restrictions that are geographic in nature
2. JL+CX codeshare partnership differs from JL+QF
Re reading the first post about codeshare...

It was a question, what happens if you fly a JL codeshare on another airline with a JL status card. How will it be treated? As a JL flight with JL status, or a ?? flight with JL status. Or vice versa for that matter.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Re reading the first post about codeshare...

It was a question, what happens if you fly a JL codeshare on another airline with a JL status card. How will it be treated? As a JL flight with JL status, or a ?? flight with JL status. Or vice versa for that matter.
Although AA Plat is shown on the board, I was politely turned away when flying on JAL2 with sold as AA8401 indicated on the boarding pass. I guess it is boarding pass stock that matters
Old Jul 31, 2017, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Sailed through today on a CX marketed and operated flight and my AA EXP/Emerald number, while flying in Y. No need to show my card. Not the first time, either. So not sure what the rules are (or aren't).
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: QFF

Prior to the JL bankruptcy, QF/JL codeshared on the JL NRT-BNE and QF NRT-PER, but not the NRT-SYD route which both airlines operated. After the bankruptcy and the BNE/PER-NRT routes were pulled, they started codesharing via SIN.

Now with the AU-JP market picking up again, JL has 1 (soon 2) flights (SYD/MEL), QF has 3 (SYD-HND, MEL/BNE-NRT, soon a 4th seasonal SYD-KIX), JQ has 3 (OOL/CNS-NRT, CNS-KIX) and NH has 1.
Unless NH opens more flights, the ACCC won't let QF/JL codeshare on the non stop routes.
I think JL codeshares on the JQ flights.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pickles
Sailed through today on a CX marketed and operated flight and my AA EXP/Emerald number, while flying in Y. No need to show my card. Not the first time, either. So not sure what the rules are (or aren't).
I guess it depends on how the airline prints the Emerald status on the boarding pass. For JL it will be clear on the boarding pass whether it is a JL emerald status or not. If CX does not distinguish, then it would work for anyone.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I guess it depends on how the airline prints the Emerald status on the boarding pass. For JL it will be clear on the boarding pass whether it is a JL emerald status or not. If CX does not distinguish, then it would work for anyone.
It actually says "AA/EMERALD XXXXXX" where the X's are the AAdvantage number.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:28 am

Programs: CXAM BAEC
I was declined yesterday even though I show them the JL boarding pass (J class) and my OWE membership cards (CX). Did someone experience differently recently?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.