Question about domestic JAL booking

Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by rustykettel

ETA: I've booked domestic flights through JAL's Japanese site and had no issues as a visitor. I'm not sure about the new system, but the old one would allow you to make a booking without payment and then it will cancel if you don't enter payment details within the timeframe (I think it was 48 hours or something like that for my particular fare). That's about the only thing I can think of to look out for.
I can only second that. No problem whatsoever using the Japan region site for domestic bookings even though you live outside Japan. It is not a problem using a non Japanese credit card either. The part that can be surprising is that booking and payment in the old system is separated, and you need to go back to your booking to process the payment. Don't know if that is planned to change in the new flow.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks for the help y'all.

It seems like they have the new reservation codes (6 alpha numeric string) but still a separate booking and purchase process. They gave me 72 hours to purchase the tickets post booking. Purchasing was pretty easy. I did not get a purchase confirmation though my credit card reflects the charge.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:12 pm

I have a new question about JAL domestic booking.

I made a booking today (Oct 9), got a 6-digit reservation number. It says my ticket purchase deadline is Nov 8 for 25200YEN for travelling Jan 7.

In the confirmation, it says "Please note that fare amount may change without notice. The final fare amount will be based on the purchase (issue) date.".

Would I be okay to hold out until Nov 8 to purchase for the same amount? I know it says fare would change, but it sounds strange that for a reservation with a fixed fare will change anytime.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by khkchan
I have a new question about JAL domestic booking.

I made a booking today (Oct 9), got a 6-digit reservation number. It says my ticket purchase deadline is Nov 8 for 25200YEN for travelling Jan 7.

In the confirmation, it says "Please note that fare amount may change without notice. The final fare amount will be based on the purchase (issue) date.".

Would I be okay to hold out until Nov 8 to purchase for the same amount? I know it says fare would change, but it sounds strange that for a reservation with a fixed fare will change anytime.
I have booked with that mesaage multiple times for both domestic and international flights, nothing has ever changed.

They are reserving their right to do so basically, sudden change in government fees or airport charges are the more likely, or if JAL on short notice would be changing their published fares. Not the most likely scenarios.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.