Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Able to pre-select 1A or 1K on 777-300ER?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2016, 5:56 pm
THR

What would be the suggested seats to take if travelling in F with 2?

Currently we have selected 1D and 1G one way, so we can sit beside each other, and on the return 2A and 2K so we can have window seats (as we cannot select 1A and 2A).

Just wondering whether we should go middle seats to sit beside each other the whole way, or perhaps take a window and a middle aisle...
Old Aug 27, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by THR
What would be the suggested seats to take if travelling in F with 2?

Currently we have selected 1D and 1G one way, so we can sit beside each other, and on the return 2A and 2K so we can have window seats (as we cannot select 1A and 2A).

Just wondering whether we should go middle seats to sit beside each other the whole way, or perhaps take a window and a middle aisle...
I would choose with the following order. Window/Window, Aisle/Aisle, Window/Aisle.

Heading outbound in less than a week trying to get 1A/2A but all are taken, so will be doing 1G/1k. return we are 1/2 A.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 1:20 am
THR

Unfortunately as you can't book 1A, if we both wants windows it is 2A and 2K, so opposites sides of the cabin.

We'll keep 1D and 1G for the way over and 2A and 2D for the return (1D and G are still available for the return as well).
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
I have 2A on an upcoming flight. Just saw that 1A is also open (had been blocked/ occupied previously). I prefer to see an open cabin in front of me rather than a wall. Any reason why I should switch/ not switch seats?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton D
As oneworld Emerald, I am able to grab the seat 1A. But I much prefer 2A for the privacy.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Thomas.T
As oneworld Emerald, I am able to grab the seat 1A. But I much prefer 2A for the privacy.
I was in 2A recently. 1A was open. I tried it for a moment and didn't find any significant difference. 2A has a lot of windows. It's a really good seat. Not sure why they think 1A should be a preferred seat.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
I think cause there is a small Business cabin right behind you, it may be noisy?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by coolfish1103
I think cause there is a small Business cabin right behind you, it may be noisy?
Not very likely to be any more noisy in the small J cabin than in F cabin.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
The mini-cabin has only 7 seats, while First cabin has 8, so it should be arguably similar to First Cabin's noise level. I mean cmon, it's only a total of 15 people with F + mini J, how noisy it could be

I think 1A is more like an... uhhh... exclusive (VIP ish) feeling? It could be a thing as 1A is the very FIRST seat in an aircraft. I am somehow forced to select 1A in an upcoming JAL revenue F because 2A/K are both unavailable and I prefer window seats

Last edited by JALOO5-Flyer; Nov 11, 2018 at 8:38 am
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer
The mini-cabin has only 7 seats, while First cabin has 8, so it should be arguably similar to First Cabin's noise level. I mean cmon, it's only a total of 15 people with F + mini J, how noisy it could be

I think 1A is more like an... uhhh... exclusive (VIP ish) feeling? It could be a thing as 1A is the very FIRST seat in an aircraft. I am somehow forced to select 1A in an upcoming JAL revenue F because 2A/K are both unavailable and I prefer window seats
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Not very likely to be any more noisy in the small J cabin than in F cabin.
That really depends on if F is full In any case, I put a ? there cause I was not sure lol

I just select whichever window seat is available. I avoid middle seats.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 2:38 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i think 2A/K is better than 1A/K. I'd pick D/G if I am travelling with SO.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:13 pm

There was absolutely no noise from the mini cabin behind, when I traveled earlier this month. Loved 2A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.