Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection - MH Ticket on JL Metal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2016, 3:53 am

Programs: JL QF NZ
Currently JAL has its own reservation system that may not talk "nicely" to other GDS's but there is no "policy" about not allowing codeshare partners to assign seats. What there is a policy about is not assigning seats for other airlines's PNR's that are not housed in the JAL system. Once the move to Amadeus is complete this is likely to make things easier.

MH can help you, if they want to, but they do not seem willing to do so. You should persist with MH and go higher in the chain if necessary. You are their customer and it is their responsibility to help you.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA OWE
MH called JAL and attempted to assign seats, JAL refused MH request. Such a simple request
Old Jan 31, 2016, 4:35 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Development
MH called JAL and attempted to assign seats, JAL refused MH request. Such a simple request
You requested a seat not available to you? As we have repeatedly pointed out in different threads, not all seats are available for advanced seat selection. Availability depends on fare type, status, marketing carrier, etc.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JALPak
You requested a seat not available to you? As we have repeatedly pointed out in different threads, not all seats are available for advanced seat selection. Availability depends on fare type, status, marketing carrier, etc.
I am a paying business class passenger and OWE flying on an MH Codeshare operated by JAL. Why isnt MH allowed to assign seats by JAL ?

I am sorry but this is really poor service from a codeshare partner between two OW alliance airlines. I have routinely traveled on codeshares between AA, BA, IB and never encountered such a problem.

Please tell me why JAL has this policy for paid business class passengers who are also OWE on an MH codeshare?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:36 am

I am a paying business class passenger and OWE flying on an MH Codeshare operated by JAL. Why isnt MH allowed to assign seats by JAL ?

I am sorry but this is really poor service from a codeshare partner between two OW alliance airlines. I have routinely traveled on codeshares between AA, BA, IB and never encountered such a problem.

Please tell me why JAL has this policy for paid business class passengers who are also OWE on an MH codeshare?
Did they tell you why JAL cannot assign you the seat? Did you request for a specific seat?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:51 am
Suspended

Did they tell you why JAL cannot assign you the seat? Did you request for a specific seat?
MH wrote me a nice email reply saying that after two attempts with JAL agents they were told both times JAL won't allow MH advanced seating. I simply wanted a window seat. Why is this so difficult?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:55 am

MH wrote me a nice email reply saying that after two attempts with JAL agents they were told both times JAL won't allow MH advanced seating. I simply wanted a window seat. Why is this so difficult?
And which flight is this?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jalpak
and which flight is this?

mh9104/jal4
Old Feb 1, 2016, 9:30 am

mh9104/jal4
Need the date too otherwise can't check the seat map.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:45 am
Suspended

Need the date too otherwise can't check the seat map.
May 12th, thanks for checking and attempting to provide answers to my questions JALPak
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:36 am

May 12th, thanks for checking and attempting to provide answers to my questions JALPak
I would recommend calling JAL and have them do a conference call with MH to resolve this. For JAL non-status passengers, only row 9 are left if you want window seat. Selection could be more limited with passengers MH coded ticket.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: JL QF NZ
I had a look in a GDS as well, and the issue is that MH do not have a seat map assigned to the flight. They are not blocked technologically from doing so, but they just haven't done it.

JAL cannot assign a seat as the booking is under the control of MH.

So, this is down to MH not bothering to implement services for their passengers, which is not JAL's fault.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:45 am

Did you get a chance to give JAL a call?
Old Feb 19, 2016, 11:12 am
Suspended

Thanks for following up. I did call both airlines and got nowehere, both saying the other would have to take care of it. I ended up simply canceling the refundable tickets and rebooking myself and colleagues on another carrier. Really simple thing they could not fix. If I ran my company this way Id expect to lose business as well.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:35 pm

Thanks for following up. I did call both airlines and got nowehere, both saying the other would have to take care of it. I ended up simply canceling the refundable tickets and rebooking myself and colleagues on another carrier. Really simple thing they could not fix. If I ran my company this way Id expect to lose business as well.
That's a loss for MH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.