JAL Hangar Tour/Sky Museum?

Old Mar 28, 19, 8:22 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jinxed_K View Post
Glad to know you got it resolved.
Out of curiosity, what did you have to do?
I basically did the basic IT technique of troubleshooting... Shut down everything and restart :-)
I restarted my browser, restarted the application from start and it worked at the first attempt. However, I could not add my name in Latin characters but only in Japanese characters, so I hope they wont be giving me trouble when I will show up as the Japanese translation of my first and last name are approximate... I guess they will check my passport upon entering the building right ?
Thanks for everyone's help !
Guillaume
Old Mar 28, 19, 8:23 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, TK Silver, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, HH Gold, A-Club Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
Enjoy the tour! Do make any puchases from the store at the start, either before the classroom portion or during the museum part. Once we went into the hangar, there wasn't a return to the store area.
Thanks for the advice ! I definitely want to check out the goodies store !
Old Aug 2, 20, 10:20 pm

Programs: BonVoy Au, IHG Au, HH Au, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
JAL posted a video tour of the Sky Museum and maintenance hanger

TravelLawyer and minizian like this.

Last edited by rustykettel; Aug 8, 20 at 1:41 am Reason: updated link to reposted video
Old Aug 3, 20, 8:07 pm

Programs: JAL JMB Sapphire & One World Sapphire
Originally Posted by rustykettel View Post
JAL posted a video tour of the Sky Museum and maintenance hanger

https://youtu.be/_50Ik6GPNdI
I think this video is misleading , when I was there few times previously. All i met is Uncle and Aunties who is ex pilot/mechanic/station manager/cabin crew which know their stuff quite well

Never met young folks as per video or most probably i went at the wrong time slot

Isnt that closed down for while (during the peak of Covid-19) that they are going to do some renovation? What changes they made before and after. The video seems like everything is still thte same more or less.

Last edited by minizian; Aug 3, 20 at 8:23 pm
Old Aug 3, 20, 10:27 pm

Programs: JL Sapphire | GE, TSA-Pre
Originally Posted by minizian View Post
I think this video is misleading , when I was there few times previously. All i met is Uncle and Aunties who is ex pilot/mechanic/station manager/cabin crew which know their stuff quite well

Never met young folks as per video or most probably i went at the wrong time slot

Isnt that closed down for while (during the peak of Covid-19) that they are going to do some renovation? What changes they made before and after. The video seems like everything is still thte same more or less.
Were tours in english available?
Old Aug 3, 20, 11:59 pm

Programs: JAL JMB Sapphire & One World Sapphire
Originally Posted by lcpteck View Post
Were tours in english available?
No English tour available officially on paper. The whole classroom lecture is all done in Japanese but it is quite simple to understand from slides presented.

Also, if they note that if you non Japanese speaker they usually will assign to one of the facilitator (the uncle/aunties i wrote earlier) who can speak English or Mandarin (one of them do converse in mandarin) during the Hanger Tour where they will explain to you on the side. If there is a large group of non Japanese speaker they will group you together (that how i end up with group of Taiwanese who were also there too).

So nothing much to worry about for those who dont converse in Japanese.

They also had the guide book in English too.
Old Aug 5, 20, 9:48 pm

Programs: JL Sapphire | GE, TSA-Pre
Originally Posted by minizian View Post
No English tour available officially on paper. The whole classroom lecture is all done in Japanese but it is quite simple to understand from slides presented.

Also, if they note that if you non Japanese speaker they usually will assign to one of the facilitator (the uncle/aunties i wrote earlier) who can speak English or Mandarin (one of them do converse in mandarin) during the Hanger Tour where they will explain to you on the side. If there is a large group of non Japanese speaker they will group you together (that how i end up with group of Taiwanese who were also there too).

So nothing much to worry about for those who dont converse in Japanese.

They also had the guide book in English too.
I see, thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: