Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Introducing oneworld YOKOSO/Visit TOHOKU Fare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing oneworld YOKOSO/Visit TOHOKU Fare

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2013, 8:51 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...001-fminpo-l07

JAL might resume OKA-FKS service. If it does, I guess this would be the best route in terms of miles and FLY ON Points per JPY. Whether you want to fly to Fukushima is a different story though.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak

JAL might resume OKA-FKS service. If it does, I guess this would be the best route in terms of miles and FLY ON Points per JPY. Whether you want to fly to Fukushima is a different story though.
Instead of flying to Fukushima, it might be good to fly away from it!
Old Oct 13, 2013, 12:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by erik19283
Instead of flying to Fukushima, it might be good to fly away from it!
Well if resumed, there will be a FKS-OKA flight too
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:31 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by JALPak

JAL might resume OKA-FKS service. If it does, I guess this would be the best route in terms of miles and FLY ON Points per JPY.
No new info on FKS? I cannot find any mentions on jal.com.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
No new info on FKS? I cannot find any mentions on jal.com.
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...4-okinawat-oki

The prefecture met with JTA the other day. Still no plan for regular scheduled service yet.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 5:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Any news if this fare will be prolonged, or if it really will end 31 march?

Current info on JAL page says "Conditions from October 01,2013 to March 31,2014" with a black out period of march 14 - 31. Depending on how one reads that, there is an opening for the fare to continue past march.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Any news if this fare will be prolonged, or if it really will end 31 march?

Current info on JAL page says "Conditions from October 01,2013 to March 31,2014" with a black out period of march 14 - 31. Depending on how one reads that, there is an opening for the fare to continue past march.
The fare has been renewed. Check the website for the latest info including blackout dates through Mar 2015 and new consumption tax rate.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:10 am
Moderator, Finnair

A side note is that all Yokoso fares are limited to one per international ticket. This means one is not allowed to combine the Tohoku special with a normal one. If you want to use the Tohoku special fare, you can only book these 6 airports. Ie you cannot do 3 segments in Tohoku and 2 somewhere else.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
For the uninitiated, between Aomori, Misawa, Akita, and Yamagata, which would be worth visiting for 1-2 days in early April?

I'm looking for the HND-XXX-ITM connection. Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 9:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Nothing current
Originally Posted by LAXative
For the uninitiated, between Aomori, Misawa, Akita, and Yamagata, which would be worth visiting for 1-2 days in early April?

I'm looking for the HND-XXX-ITM connection. Thanks.
My vote is for Aomori. Absolutely gorgeous city and lots of options for day trips to the surrounding area. ^

-S
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:31 am

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC
Does anyone know if one can have both Yokoso/Visit Tohoku and Yokoso/Visit Japan (i.e., 10 sectors in total) per int'l ticket? Tks!
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

No, you must choose one of them. You cannot even combine the fares, ie 3 tohoku sectors + 2 non-tohoku will be billed according to normal yokoso fare.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (Xperia Z: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; C6903 Build/14.2.A.1.136) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.166 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I think you can combine yokoso, welcome to japan, okinawa island pass and tohoku pass with 1 international ticket. There's no rule to specifically disallow it. You just need to comply these individual ticket rules accordingly.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:46 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Wirelessly posted (Xperia Z: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; C6903 Build/14.2.A.1.136) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.166 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I think you can combine yokoso, welcome to japan, okinawa island pass and tohoku pass with 1 international ticket. There's no rule to specifically disallow it. You just need to comply these individual ticket rules accordingly.
Can you get a reference on that?

The fare rules, as I read them, does not allow it. Also, the eligibility paragraph says
Limited to one oneworld YOKOSO/Visit TOHOKU Fare per international ticket.
I also called JAL London and specifically asked to combine the two. They said no.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by ChrisLi

Can you get a reference on that?

The fare rules, as I read them, does not allow it. Also, the eligibility paragraph says
Limited to one oneworld YOKOSO/Visit TOHOKU Fare per international ticket.
I also called JAL London and specifically asked to combine the two. They said no.
Confirmed with jl hk too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.