Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL - Hot Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you look around the cabins, you will notice that even at the temperature of the JAL cabins the Japanese passengers are generally wearing layers and using their blankets. Temperature perception is just very different,but the temperature is set to target the majority of the passengers.
Lol, yes this is true. I can attest. When I was sweating bullets in my shorts and t shirt last time, I looked over at an older women across the aisle from me who was putting on a coat and blanket. I could not help myself from laughing and snapping a private photo of it to show my Japanese friend.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:22 am

Any recent experiences on the temperatures of 8+ hr flights?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Any recent experiences on the temperatures of 8+ hr flights?
Flying JL 3/2 this weekend. Will try to remember my temperature pen and give you some numbers.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
If you look around the cabins, you will notice that even at the temperature of the JAL cabins the Japanese passengers are generally wearing layers and using their blankets. Temperature perception is just very different,but the temperature is set to target the majority of the passengers.
Off topic I suppose, but this goes for the trains in Japan too. I'm broiling hot and Japanese people are grabbing blankets. Can be far, far worse BTW on the trains, as at least at 37,000 feet the humidity is low.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by schriste
Off topic I suppose, but this goes for the trains in Japan too. I'm broiling hot and Japanese people are grabbing blankets. Can be far, far worse BTW on the trains, as at least at 37,000 feet the humidity is low.
Except a train ride doesn’t last 12 hours and you’re not stuck on it... someone talked about the fan above. I want to get that to set up for my flight in F. I can’t exactly understand the model. Does anyone know what and how the above poster was talking about setting up a little fan at your seat in F?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:14 am

Except a train ride doesn’t last 12 hours and you’re not stuck on it... someone talked about the fan above. I want to get that to set up for my flight in F. I can’t exactly understand the model. Does anyone know what and how the above poster was talking about setting up a little fan at your seat in F?
I use this portable fan. Battery and usb powered. Folds so it packs nicely O2COOL 5" Portable USB or Electric Fan, Blue/Gray https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06W5QZ4ZW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_I.-dCb58PVQ7G
NWplatinum and TravelLawyer like this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Originally Posted by HughMann
I use this portable fan. Battery and usb powered. Folds so it packs nicely O2COOL 5" Portable USB or Electric Fan, Blue/Gray https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06W5QZ4..._I.-dCb58PVQ7G
I used a similar one when I flew JAL. It helps marginally. It's a bit more cumbersome, but you can also buy the ones with water misters and just fill it up after you board or at the gate - it's more manual work though.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
TYO-JFK return end Nov/early Dec with perfectly reasonable temperatures, and used the blanket while sleeping.
I'm a caucasian guy in my 40s who usually runs hot and haven't experienced any of the issues that others report on any of my flights, which have been once per quarter in the last two years.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by AtomicLush
I used a similar one when I flew JAL. It helps marginally. It's a bit more cumbersome, but you can also buy the ones with water misters and just fill it up after you board or at the gate - it's more manual work though.
Water misters fan when it’s 78 degrees in the cabin sounds like heaven to me.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:14 am

I have a flight coming up on them in F. I’m trying to prepare for the worst.

Does anyone have any fans they can recommend so I don’t wake up in my own sweat like last time?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:37 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
best solution is to fly cx

or get iced water
or tell them to effing lower the heat
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:46 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kaka
best solution is to fly cx

or get iced water
or tell them to effing lower the heat
I second this! Just avoid JL at all costs!!!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:25 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JALPak

I second this! Just avoid JL at all costs!!!
one of the biggest plus of cx is they fly F
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Flew 4 segments on JL last month in F/J (where there was no F).

I went with a new strategy that seemed to work. Immediately upon boarding I'd ask for a cold towel in lieu of a hot towel. This seemed to help set the tone, and explained I need a cooler cabin. The cold towel would appear (along with bubbles ) and generally the cabin was a reasonable temperature. Sometimes a bit warm, but not like it can be... so I'd recommend this for the future.
kaka likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Does anyone have any fans they can recommend so I don’t wake up in my own sweat like last time?
I have traveled with these:I bought a portable fan for use on uncomfortably hot planes, but ever since I started traveling with one, I have found it useful in many places with inadequate climate control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.