Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using JAL points on EK

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tokyoite

Anyway, it is clearly written that there is no chauffeur service for award tickets, regardless of which airline booked it.
partner airline*

Awards via EK directly still get it.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
cant find anything after Aug 1 on JAL website ex-HKG.....
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by pbd456
I see Y/C/F availability Sept. 12th HKG-DXB.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:05 pm

do u see around from Aug 2 - Aug 14, for example, thanks?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
I see Y/C/F availability Sept. 12th HKG-DXB.
I did find something after Aug 1 as that was what you said you were having trouble with. If you had a more limited range of dates you were looking for it would have been helpful to state that up front.

do u see around from Aug 2 - Aug 14, for example, thanks?
Not non-stop flights, only connections. If you want a non-stop you should probably go for the Aug 1 instead of Aug 2.

ETA: I do see non-stop J awards on CX in your range. You could book that and change to EK later if it becomes available.

Last edited by skimthetrees; Oct 22, 2018 at 1:30 pm
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:27 pm

I did find something after Aug 1 as that was what you said you were having trouble with. If you had a more limited range of dates you were looking for it would have been helpful to state that up front.

Not non-stop flights, only connections. If you want a non-stop you should probably go for the Aug 1 instead of Aug 2.

ETA: I do see non-stop J awards on CX in your range. You could book that and change to EK later if it becomes available.
I only want EK because i have never done EK F.
I want to change now because HKG is getting rid of YQ regulation after Nov 1. there could be a massive YQ for a change after Nov 1.

My current booking is HKG DXB MCT on August 1 on A380 in F. Ideally, I want to move it one week later.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 7:47 pm

I only want EK because i have never done EK F.
I want to change now because HKG is getting rid of YQ regulation after Nov 1. there could be a massive YQ for a change after Nov 1.

My current booking is HKG DXB MCT on August 1 on A380 in F. Ideally, I want to move it one week later.
I would guess odds would be slim that EK will open space between now and Nov. 1 but it could happen. In addition to checking space frequently you could sign up for EF if you do not have it already and set a few award alerts. Any idea what the YQ changes will be post Nov. 1? Is EK giving any advance notice?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:33 pm

I would guess odds would be slim that EK will open space between now and Nov. 1 but it could happen. In addition to checking space frequently you could sign up for EF if you do not have it already and set a few award alerts. Any idea what the YQ changes will be post Nov. 1? Is EK giving any advance notice?
I havent seen anything about YQ ex HKG for EK. Both CX and HX have made announcement about adding YQ starting Nov 1.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: MPC GR, GC Jade, OZ DM, MVP GO, AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Diamond, Marriot Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Does JAL award mile allow for changes in destination if the space opens up?
Have DXB- EWR booked but if SFO opens up, are we able to change it for a fee ?
Since the distance award is still the same points wise is the same. ( I think )
Old Oct 31, 2018, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by iscor3
Does JAL award mile allow for changes in destination if the space opens up?
Have DXB- EWR booked but if SFO opens up, are we able to change it for a fee ?
Since the distance award is still the same points wise is the same. ( I think )
JAL does not allow for a change of route once issued
Old Oct 31, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: MPC GR, GC Jade, OZ DM, MVP GO, AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Diamond, Marriot Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
JAL does not allow for a change of route once issued
thank you! so it would be cancelled (pay cancellation fee and rebooked?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by iscor3
thank you! so it would be cancelled (pay cancellation fee and rebooked?
If there is award space for your complete itinerary then you should be able to cancel and rebook so long as you are within the ticketing deadlines. Obviously you would not be able to do this if you have used any part of your ticket already. If you have only one segment in your ticket it should be easy. If you have more than one segment then award space would need to be available for everything in order to rebook after you cancel which might be more problematic.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 1:44 am

If there is award space for your complete itinerary then you should be able to cancel and rebook so long as you are within the ticketing deadlines. Obviously you would not be able to do this if you have used any part of your ticket already. If you have only one segment in your ticket it should be easy. If you have more than one segment then award space would need to be available for everything in order to rebook after you cancel which might be more problematic.
Got it ! thanks for clear answer!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA
does JAL allow date/time changes online for EK awards? I tried to do it online but it keeps giving me an error. I am trying to take an earlier flight on the same day, same destination. Do I have to pay 3100YEN fee as well?
Old Mar 16, 2019, 1:33 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by sony2012
does JAL allow date/time changes online for EK awards? I tried to do it online but it keeps giving me an error. I am trying to take an earlier flight on the same day, same destination. Do I have to pay 3100YEN fee as well?
Free changes until departure of first sector. Changes to date/time allowed.
No change to airline (and by extension, routing), departure or arrival airports.
If you get an error, it means the award space is phantom. Check if you see the space on Alaska, or EK, and worst case scenario, call JMB to change.
However, note that once any change is processed via phone, then you will be locked out from making any changes online (only changes via calls going foward from then).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.