Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One-class service GMP-HND

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
One-class service GMP-HND

I have an upcoming GMP-HND-SFO in C.

I was just informed that the GMP-HND segment has been changed to an all-coach 767 and I have been downgraded. This must be the result of the 787 groundings.

However, on Expert Flyer, the seat map shows 2-2-2 configuration at the front of the cabin.

Does anyone have experience with this aircraft or new service on this sector? I assume it will be coach meal service even if an business class seat?
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:31 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
It's possible the aircraft is a domestic configured one too with Class J seats
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Originally Posted by JALPak
It's possible the aircraft is a domestic configured one too with Class J seats
Thanks!

Is it unusual that this would then be sold as all Y? Availability for the flight shows no J/C/D sold.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
Thanks!

Is it unusual that this would then be sold as all Y? Availability for the flight shows no J/C/D sold.
It is usual already if a domestic aircraft is used. You can probably tell whether that's the case by looking at the seat maps.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 5:39 pm

which date is your flight? I checked a couple of dates but am not seeing one-class service on JAL website.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
If you look closely at the seat maps, it appears that they are using a domestic 767 for JL90 and JL95, at least next week (seven rows up front instead of five -- meaning Class J seats). The JAL website also mentions that these flights don't have IFE.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by joejones
If you look closely at the seat maps, it appears that they are using a domestic 767 for JL90 and JL95, at least next week (seven rows up front instead of five -- meaning Class J seats). The JAL website also mentions that these flights don't have IFE.
I know what I did wrong...I did a search for C tickets , obviously that's why it wasn't returning those flights LOL

Last edited by JALPak; Jan 25, 2013 at 9:50 pm
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by joejones
Thanks to both of you.

Flight is Feb. 2

The forward 5 rows: are they the same seat as coach? are they an old-style business class seat (recliner-style)?

And, I assume service is a coach-standard, even in rows 1-5?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
Thanks to both of you.

Flight is Feb. 2

The forward 5 rows: are they the same seat as coach? are they an old-style business class seat (recliner-style)?

And, I assume service is a coach-standard, even in rows 1-5?
They are domestic Class J seats and service is standard Y. Can you request a flight change if you want to fly in C?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.