Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
You also find the most updated schedule on: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/rosen/

NRT-LHR
SS7 will be in operation on odd-numbered dates in January 2013 starting from the 9th and even-numbered dates in February 2013. Daily SS7 service is scheduled to start on February 26, 2013. This route will be transferred to HND-LHR on March 30 2014 and will continue to be operated with SS7.

HND-LHR
From March 30 2014.

NRT-JFK
SS7 will be rolled out to NRT-JFK route from May 1 2013, initially on alternate days only (according to the official announcement post on the website). This will turn into daily service from May 21 2013.

NRT-CDG
JAL will roll out SS7 to NRT-CDG route from Jul 8 2013, initially on alternate days only until Aug 15 2013 when this will become a daily service. SS7 service will end when day-time HND-CDG operated by SS7 starts on March 30 2014.

HND-CDG
From March 30 2014.

NRT-LAX
From November 10 2013

NRT-ORD
From January 16 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from Feb 20 2014.

NRT-FRA
From Oct 25, 2015 this will be replaced by SS9 service.
From Mar 29 2015, SS7 daily service will return.
From April 5 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from May 17 2014. This will be replaced by SS8 from Dec 1 2014

NRT-CGK
From Oct 25 2015, SS7 service will return.
From June 14, 2014. This will be replaced by 6x SS9 1x SS8 service from July 1 2015

HND-SFO
From December 1, 2014.

NRT-SYD
From Oct 25 (26 for JL772), SS7 service will return.
From December 1, 2014 till Mar 28 2015. This will be replaced by daily 777-200ER.
Print Wikipost

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by robe0341
My wife and I were thinking of flying with my 1 year old daughter, and getting 3 seats (the middle 3 of the 2-3-2) and having my daughter in a rear facing car seat in the middle seat.

The thing is, I can't tell how private the seats are with the partition down. They seem to be close, and with the middle seat ahead, it seems like we would be able to see and touch her during take off, landing and any turbulence.

We have flown the CX reverse herringbone (before my daughter) and that was too private and wouldn't work. We would be able to see or comfort her with our seat belts on.

Do any of you who have flown with the SS7 have any thoughts? Does it seem feasible? How private are the seats (hopefully not very, with the partition down)?

Thanks so much for any help.
When the partition is down, it is not that private anymore and since you are traveling as a family, it would be a good seat for the three of you with your kid in the middle. Also, I suggest you let her sleep the same position as you guys as her head might hit the table infront when she wakes up.

Don't forget to ask for the airweave mattress setup before you guys go to sleep. Will try to upload a pic if I can. Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:18 pm

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it could work for us.

How close are the seats (in the middle group of 3)? My main concern is during takeoff and landing when everyone is buckled in. Can we touch and hold my daughters hand, etc...?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by followthemusic
Hi all,

I'll be flying NRT-ORD in F with my wife next year and I was wondering if there are any opinions on the best seats for a couple. I've looked at seat maps etc. but I was hoping someone with first-hand experience could chime in. Here's the options I've considered:

1) Adjacent middle seats (2D and 2G) - the most obvious, since the partition slides down to talk, but it seems designed more for business than couples, since you are still physically separated and would have to go around the whole cabin to actually share space.

2) Window and middle across (2A and 2D) - can move across aisle more easily, at least one person gets a window, but still separated. Can you talk easily across the aisle or is it too isolated?

3) Two window seats (1A and 2A) - both people get a window, can (maybe?) lean over for a quick chat and easy to share a seat for meals, etc. But still fairly separate.

I'm kind of leaning toward 3, anyone want to add anything? Thanks for any help!
Does anyone have an answer to this? Does the partition in the middle seats definitely slide down?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:43 am

Programs: JL JGC Diamond, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Montacute
Does anyone have an answer to this? Does the partition in the middle seats definitely slide down?
Yes, the partition in the middle seats fully slide down.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by robe0341
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it could work for us.

How close are the seats (in the middle group of 3)? My main concern is during takeoff and landing when everyone is buckled in. Can we touch and hold my daughters hand, etc...?
Might be difficult, although I am not sure as I haven't tried, to touch/hold your daughter unless you are tall and have long hands.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:19 pm

Has anyone experienced the SS7 on ORD->NRT yet? How is it looking? How is the Wifi?

Thank you.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by bennyblanco
Has anyone experienced the SS7 on ORD->NRT yet? How is it looking? How is the Wifi?

Thank you.
And... per my post, has the online seating chart changed?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22166902-post162.html
Old Feb 21, 2014, 8:50 am

Hello again.

Is the SS7 configuration flying anywhere yet?

If so, has JAL updated their seat maps to reflect the new seating?

Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by zznoname
Hello again.

Is the SS7 configuration flying anywhere yet?

If so, has JAL updated their seat maps to reflect the new seating?

Yes, it has been updated to destinations where it flies daily - LHR, JFK, CDG, LAX and ORD.

Here is a link that hopefully will help you regarding JAL's SS7 and SS6 roll-out schedule.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/rosen/
Old Feb 21, 2014, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by musashino22
Yes, it has been updated to destinations where it flies daily - LHR, JFK, CDG, LAX and ORD.

Here is a link that hopefully will help you regarding JAL's SS7 and SS6 roll-out schedule.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/rosen/
Great. Thanks for your post.

Why do you think my JAL10 August 3 flight has not upgraded the seat configuration online?

I'm still seeing 2-3-2.

Yes, as mentioned above, that's the SS7 seating but not representational of how the seats lay out in the J cabin.

Thanks;
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by zznoname
Great. Thanks for your post.

Why do you think my JAL10 August 3 flight has not upgraded the seat configuration online?

I'm still seeing 2-3-2.

Yes, as mentioned above, that's the SS7 seating but not representational of how the seats lay out in the J cabin.

Thanks;
It's already updated with the latest config.

In a way, it's still a 2-3-2 config only that all seats offer unimpeded aisle access by moving the middle and all window seats forward. Refer to the link below regarding the seat config for more details.

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/int...at/index4.html
Old Feb 21, 2014, 10:32 am

I get it.
A is next to the window. Thanks.
Thanks for your help.

Last edited by zznoname; Feb 21, 2014 at 10:38 am
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:48 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
NRT-FRA

From April 17 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from May 21 2014
Old Mar 29, 2014, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

JAL will move up SS7 rollout on NRT-FRA to Apr 11
Old Apr 1, 2014, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

JAL moves up the SS7 rollout date on NRT-FRA route once again to Apr 5 2014

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.