Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
You also find the most updated schedule on: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/rosen/

NRT-LHR
SS7 will be in operation on odd-numbered dates in January 2013 starting from the 9th and even-numbered dates in February 2013. Daily SS7 service is scheduled to start on February 26, 2013. This route will be transferred to HND-LHR on March 30 2014 and will continue to be operated with SS7.

HND-LHR
From March 30 2014.

NRT-JFK
SS7 will be rolled out to NRT-JFK route from May 1 2013, initially on alternate days only (according to the official announcement post on the website). This will turn into daily service from May 21 2013.

NRT-CDG
JAL will roll out SS7 to NRT-CDG route from Jul 8 2013, initially on alternate days only until Aug 15 2013 when this will become a daily service. SS7 service will end when day-time HND-CDG operated by SS7 starts on March 30 2014.

HND-CDG
From March 30 2014.

NRT-LAX
From November 10 2013

NRT-ORD
From January 16 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from Feb 20 2014.

NRT-FRA
From Oct 25, 2015 this will be replaced by SS9 service.
From Mar 29 2015, SS7 daily service will return.
From April 5 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from May 17 2014. This will be replaced by SS8 from Dec 1 2014

NRT-CGK
From Oct 25 2015, SS7 service will return.
From June 14, 2014. This will be replaced by 6x SS9 1x SS8 service from July 1 2015

HND-SFO
From December 1, 2014.

NRT-SYD
From Oct 25 (26 for JL772), SS7 service will return.
From December 1, 2014 till Mar 28 2015. This will be replaced by daily 777-200ER.
Print Wikipost

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:27 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
JAL has moved up the LAX rollout to Nov 10 2013
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:10 am

JL9

Hello: Any confirmation on the dates JL9 ord-nrt will get the new fancy business seat configurations. Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Nothing current
January 2014, according to this page.

-S
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Schedule for FRA rollout has been announced: http://press.jal.co.jp/ja/release/201312/002743.html

SS7 will be deployed on this route from April 2014
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by zznoname
Hello: Any confirmation on the dates JL9 ord-nrt will get the new fancy business seat configurations. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Sarfa33
January 2014, according to this page.

-S
Originally Posted by JALPak
Schedule for FRA rollout has been announced: http://press.jal.co.jp/ja/release/201312/002743.html

SS7 will be deployed on this route from April 2014
ORD before CDG? Amazing.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zznoname
ORD before CDG? Amazing.
SS7 has been deployed on NRT-CDG route since summer
Old Dec 3, 2013, 9:19 am

SS7 has been deployed on NRT-CDG route since summer
Ops! Mein Fehler. Sorry for wasting your time.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:19 pm

Any reviews of the SS7 around yet?
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bennyblanco
Any reviews of the SS7 around yet?
Do you have any specific questions? If you post them in the next couple of hours, maybe I could help find out the answer onboard if I don't already know it.

FYI, touch screen food and duty free orders are disabled on my flight. Not sure what's going on. Might check with the CAs later if I get a chance.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:49 pm

Hey jalpak - thanks.. Nothing specific.. Just interested in the general experience.. The dining.. Take some pics if yo have time.. Thanks and have a safe flight!

Do you have any specific questions? If you post them in the next couple of hours, maybe I could help find out the answer onboard if I don't already know it.

FYI, touch screen food and duty free orders are disabled on my flight. Not sure what's going on. Might check with the CAs later if I get a chance.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 5:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Nothing current
I know NH tried touch screen ordering for a month or two a while back and had to abandon it because of all the problem it caused for the FAs. Basically, since people were free to order whenever they wanted, everyone would order as soon as they turned the system on at the start of the flight in order to reserve the meal choice they wanted. Since one of the meals is always more popular than the other (who wants to eat mixed seafood stew on a plane?), the FA's had to scramble to fill all the orders at once and then would have to go around telling half the people that their choice isn't available. Apparently, it was a big mess.

I wonder if JL is concerned about the same thing?

-S
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bennyblanco
Hey jalpak - thanks.. Nothing specific.. Just interested in the general experience.. The dining.. Take some pics if yo have time.. Thanks and have a safe flight!
Oh catering is still the same style the major difference is I have a really big seat right next to the window It's really roomy
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sarfa33
I know NH tried touch screen ordering for a month or two a while back and had to abandon it because of all the problem it caused for the FAs. Basically, since people were free to order whenever they wanted, everyone would order as soon as they turned the system on at the start of the flight in order to reserve the meal choice they wanted. Since one of the meals is always more popular than the other (who wants to eat mixed seafood stew on a plane?), the FA's had to scramble to fill all the orders at once and then would have to go around telling half the people that their choice isn't available. Apparently, it was a big mess.

I wonder if JL is concerned about the same thing?

-S
But even duty free? It shouldn't have that problem I assume. Will ask the CA when I do my duty free shopping later.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Meal ordering system is now enabled but not the duty free one. So I guess they wait till after the initial rush. So I guess for those who aren't used to using the call button to place your order, row 5 might not be the best choice
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

And they have finally enabled the duty free system as well. So I guess eventually you could use them if you are shy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.