Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
You also find the most updated schedule on: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/rosen/

NRT-LHR
SS7 will be in operation on odd-numbered dates in January 2013 starting from the 9th and even-numbered dates in February 2013. Daily SS7 service is scheduled to start on February 26, 2013. This route will be transferred to HND-LHR on March 30 2014 and will continue to be operated with SS7.

HND-LHR
From March 30 2014.

NRT-JFK
SS7 will be rolled out to NRT-JFK route from May 1 2013, initially on alternate days only (according to the official announcement post on the website). This will turn into daily service from May 21 2013.

NRT-CDG
JAL will roll out SS7 to NRT-CDG route from Jul 8 2013, initially on alternate days only until Aug 15 2013 when this will become a daily service. SS7 service will end when day-time HND-CDG operated by SS7 starts on March 30 2014.

HND-CDG
From March 30 2014.

NRT-LAX
From November 10 2013

NRT-ORD
From January 16 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from Feb 20 2014.

NRT-FRA
From Oct 25, 2015 this will be replaced by SS9 service.
From Mar 29 2015, SS7 daily service will return.
From April 5 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from May 17 2014. This will be replaced by SS8 from Dec 1 2014

NRT-CGK
From Oct 25 2015, SS7 service will return.
From June 14, 2014. This will be replaced by 6x SS9 1x SS8 service from July 1 2015

HND-SFO
From December 1, 2014.

NRT-SYD
From Oct 25 (26 for JL772), SS7 service will return.
From December 1, 2014 till Mar 28 2015. This will be replaced by daily 777-200ER.
Print Wikipost

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
So is SS6 currently on LAX for a flight in the first week of sept? It's not that much of a difference in F right?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 2:07 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by AZbba
So is SS6 currently on LAX for a flight in the first week of sept? It's not that much of a difference in F right?
I assume you meant SS7. You can find the rollout schedule in the first post. LAX will be getting SS7 some time in Nov 2013.

Yes, JAL Suite and New JAL Suite are basically the same seat model but with different finishing touches.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Can anyone confirm if JL5 JFK-NRT is now configured with Sky Suite in Business? JAL website in describing Sky Suite indicated this flight has been converted but seatguru still says angled lie flat seats. Can't determine which is correct from seatmap on my departure date (late october). Thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fmkgb
Can anyone confirm if JL5 JFK-NRT is now configured with Sky Suite in Business? JAL website in describing Sky Suite indicated this flight has been converted but seatguru still says angled lie flat seats. Can't determine which is correct from seatmap on my departure date (late october). Thanks.
Have you read the first post? Yes JFK has W83 config, ie SS7, daily now
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
So JALpak, what are your thoughts on the best J seats on the SS7? I usually like the quiet atmosphere of the forward mini-cabin, but the SS7 only has one row there, so I wonder if it would feel claustrophobic. I like the open feel of the larger cabin behind, but during the summer and holidays the larger cabin tends to have more families and screaming kids.

Oh, and one more question: is the space under the ottoman large enough to store a 20-inch rollaboard? (You've flown in J on the SS7, right?)
Old Sep 6, 2013, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One
So JALpak, what are your thoughts on the best J seats on the SS7? I usually like the quiet atmosphere of the forward mini-cabin, but the SS7 only has one row there, so I wonder if it would feel claustrophobic. I like the open feel of the larger cabin behind, but during the summer and holidays the larger cabin tends to have more families and screaming kids.

Oh, and one more question: is the space under the ottoman large enough to store a 20-inch rollaboard? (You've flown in J on the SS7, right?)
I would recommend aisle over window/middle seats if you want to store a rollaboard underneath the ottoman. I have provided you more details via PM.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by JALPak
I would recommend aisle over window/middle seats if you want to store a rollaboard underneath the ottoman. I have provided you more details via PM.
Can you either post the additional details or PM me as well, please? (My spouse is using miles to take a friend to Tokyo (via LAX) in April and could use advice on seat selection; they are going MH one way and JL the other.)
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anabolism
Can you either post the additional details or PM me as well, please? (My spouse is using miles to take a friend to Tokyo (via LAX) in April and could use advice on seat selection; they are going MH one way and JL the other.)
Do you have specific questions regarding the seat selection?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:23 pm

Do you have specific questions regarding the seat selection?
Seats with better or worse windows, differences in seats as far as storage space, quiet seats for sleeping or privacy, etc. Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Seats with better or worse windows, differences in seats as far as storage space, quiet seats for sleeping or privacy, etc. Thanks for any advice you can offer.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21193350-post92.html

Unless your spouse and his/her friend don't plan to sit together, one of them will have to sit in the window or middle seat with less storage. So that doesn't really affect the seat choice. So any AC or HK seats would do.

Personally I am a fan of the mini-cabin but I haven't slept/sat there long enough to tell whether it is nosier than before. Can answer than in a couple of months.

With award tickets, you can't pre-assign 5AC so your only choice is 5HK, that is if your spouse or the companion has status. Otherwise just pick any one other than the 2 rows with a missing window.

Privacy wise aisle seat will be less private. In the window and middle seat, you can do whatever you want and others can't really see much of you with the partition raised.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:31 pm

Personally I am a fan of the mini-cabin but I haven't slept/sat there long enough to tell whether it is nosier than before. Can answer than in a couple of months.

With award tickets, you can't pre-assign 5AC so your only choice is 5HK, that is if your spouse or the companion has status. Otherwise just pick any one other than the 2 rows with a missing window.
Do you know if having Platinum status on AA (Ruby on OneWorld) counts for getting 5HK? The tickets were booked using BA miles, so probably the BA FF is in their now.

Is the concern about getting ignored in the mini-cabin real? They are both shy and not likely to push the call button and would prefer to be offered things rather than having to ask for them.

Do you think row 8 or 9 will be too close to the galley and lav and there might be problems with noise/light/smell?

Thanks very much for the info and advice.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I have a ticket on which I can take the old F suite with a better connection schedule, or the new suite with a more tiring schedule.
Is the new suite worth trying? Frankly from pictures, it doesn't look like it, though the color scheme is nicer.
Any opinion on this?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 1:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
I have a ticket on which I can take the old F suite with a better connection schedule, or the new suite with a more tiring schedule.
Is the new suite worth trying? Frankly from pictures, it doesn't look like it, though the color scheme is nicer.
Any opinion on this?
absolutely no IMHO
Old Sep 20, 2013, 8:31 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
I've tried the old suite, not the new suite. The old suite is wonderful. The new suite just looks like it has different colors. I would absolutely go for the old suite if it's more convenient.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Do you know if having Platinum status on AA (Ruby on OneWorld) counts for getting 5HK? The tickets were booked using BA miles, so probably the BA FF is in their now.

Is the concern about getting ignored in the mini-cabin real? They are both shy and not likely to push the call button and would prefer to be offered things rather than having to ask for them.

Do you think row 8 or 9 will be too close to the galley and lav and there might be problems with noise/light/smell?

Thanks very much for the info and advice.
I have no idea as I don't hold other oneworld status . But if they are eligible and the seats are available, you will be able to select them online. But you will have to change the FFP# to the AA one first and JAL won't change it for you as JAL is not supposed to touch the BA booking.

They can just order the dishes from the touch screen menu if they aren't comfortable using the call button. Even in the mini-cabin in the old config, the CAs would still offered me things such as wake up call and breakfast before they stop the a la carte meal service.

There will be a curtain between row 7 and the galley if that helps. I sat at row 7 in the old W82 config once before and it didn't bother me at all. But maybe that's because I used the eye mask and Bose noise canceling headphones

Not sure about the lavatory either as it has been moved much closer to row 7 in W83 config.

Last edited by JALPak; Sep 24, 2013 at 5:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.