Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
You also find the most updated schedule on: http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/inter/rosen/

NRT-LHR
SS7 will be in operation on odd-numbered dates in January 2013 starting from the 9th and even-numbered dates in February 2013. Daily SS7 service is scheduled to start on February 26, 2013. This route will be transferred to HND-LHR on March 30 2014 and will continue to be operated with SS7.

HND-LHR
From March 30 2014.

NRT-JFK
SS7 will be rolled out to NRT-JFK route from May 1 2013, initially on alternate days only (according to the official announcement post on the website). This will turn into daily service from May 21 2013.

NRT-CDG
JAL will roll out SS7 to NRT-CDG route from Jul 8 2013, initially on alternate days only until Aug 15 2013 when this will become a daily service. SS7 service will end when day-time HND-CDG operated by SS7 starts on March 30 2014.

HND-CDG
From March 30 2014.

NRT-LAX
From November 10 2013

NRT-ORD
From January 16 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from Feb 20 2014.

NRT-FRA
From Oct 25, 2015 this will be replaced by SS9 service.
From Mar 29 2015, SS7 daily service will return.
From April 5 2014. Initially on alternate days only. This will turn into daily service from May 17 2014. This will be replaced by SS8 from Dec 1 2014

NRT-CGK
From Oct 25 2015, SS7 service will return.
From June 14, 2014. This will be replaced by 6x SS9 1x SS8 service from July 1 2015

HND-SFO
From December 1, 2014.

NRT-SYD
From Oct 25 (26 for JL772), SS7 service will return.
From December 1, 2014 till Mar 28 2015. This will be replaced by daily 777-200ER.
Print Wikipost

JAL SS7 roll out schedule and official seat map

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2013, 6:31 pm

I'll be flying in F with my girlfriend NRT -> LAX on 1/7. Excited to try SS7!
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Flew SS7 in J from JFK to NRT a couple of weeks ago. Probably the best business class seat I've ever sat in. Anyone else agree?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by Sarfa33
I know NH tried touch screen ordering for a month or two a while back and had to abandon it because of all the problem it caused for the FAs. Basically, since people were free to order whenever they wanted, everyone would order as soon as they turned the system on at the start of the flight in order to reserve the meal choice they wanted. Since one of the meals is always more popular than the other (who wants to eat mixed seafood stew on a plane?), the FA's had to scramble to fill all the orders at once and then would have to go around telling half the people that their choice isn't available. Apparently, it was a big mess.

I wonder if JL is concerned about the same thing?

-S
They don't enable it until a couple hours into the flight. Main meal service is done the old fashioned way -- seat to seat. Screen ordering for snacks worked great for me. Loved it.

Just to reiterate the my prior post, this is an excellent, excellent product. I will no longer be taking the direct BOS-NRT because it's worth connecting for this.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, NYC MTA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by zznoname
Hello: Any confirmation on the dates JL9 ord-nrt will get the new fancy business seat configurations. Thanks.
Anymore details on when in January for JL9?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Ceasy
Just to reiterate the my prior post, this is an excellent, excellent product. I will no longer be taking the direct BOS-NRT because it's worth connecting for this.
I was reading this thread for exactly this reason... I may need to fly the NRT-BOS route a few times next year and was wondering if the direct route is the best.

Much difference in pricing on the routes?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:00 am

Best F Seats for Couple?

Hi all,

I'll be flying NRT-ORD in F with my wife next year and I was wondering if there are any opinions on the best seats for a couple. I've looked at seat maps etc. but I was hoping someone with first-hand experience could chime in. Here's the options I've considered:

1) Adjacent middle seats (2D and 2G) - the most obvious, since the partition slides down to talk, but it seems designed more for business than couples, since you are still physically separated and would have to go around the whole cabin to actually share space.

2) Window and middle across (2A and 2D) - can move across aisle more easily, at least one person gets a window, but still separated. Can you talk easily across the aisle or is it too isolated?

3) Two window seats (1A and 2A) - both people get a window, can (maybe?) lean over for a quick chat and easy to share a seat for meals, etc. But still fairly separate.

I'm kind of leaning toward 3, anyone want to add anything? Thanks for any help!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 2:56 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
SS7 will be rolled out to NRT-ORD from Jan 20 2014, initially on alternate days only. Daily service from Feb 27

Last edited by JALPak; Dec 26, 2013 at 3:02 am
Old Jan 9, 2014, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

NRT-ORD rollout date moved up to January 16 2014
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:41 am

SS7

I am routing a friend on ORD-NRT on the 20th In 1st just wanted to confirm ss7 if anyone can help. Following the order is should be but hoping for some info. Also any wines he should try. On my flight i enjoyed the salon and the saki but hes a wine guy so thought i would ask.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
I am routing a friend on ORD-NRT on the 20th In 1st just wanted to confirm ss7 if anyone can help. Following the order is should be but hoping for some info. Also any wines he should try. On my flight i enjoyed the salon and the saki but hes a wine guy so thought i would ask.
Would the seat map @ JAL reflect the new equipment?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 9:00 am

its glitching for me and wont show me a seat map i am unsure why.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:56 am

its glitching for me and wont show me a seat map i am unsure why.
Our NRT-ORD August seat map is still showing 2-3-2.

Of course that's the same configuration as SS7, so maybe the map at JAL.com will look the same.

I'm hoping something more representative comes online so we can get two windows, similar to the new IB 346 J seat map:
http://imageshack.us/a/img713/2585/1g2k.jpg

Of course also at FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberi...lidated-4.html

Last edited by zznoname; Feb 5, 2014 at 9:22 am
Old Jan 16, 2014, 3:37 pm

Jan 20, ORD-NRT (JL9) is SS7 config.

I would have thought the Salon is worthy of any wine guy's list to drink, unless of course, he doesn't like champers.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

JAL has added a new W84 configuration for SS7, most likely for the ones converted from W82. Looks like the narrower seat problem at the rear has been fixed, possibly by reducing the legroom of some of the bulkhead seats. The exit row seats in PY and Y don't have a window anymore.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:23 pm

My wife and I were thinking of flying with my 1 year old daughter, and getting 3 seats (the middle 3 of the 2-3-2) and having my daughter in a rear facing car seat in the middle seat.

The thing is, I can't tell how private the seats are with the partition down. They seem to be close, and with the middle seat ahead, it seems like we would be able to see and touch her during take off, landing and any turbulence.

We have flown the CX reverse herringbone (before my daughter) and that was too private and wouldn't work. We would be able to see or comfort her with our seat belts on.

Do any of you who have flown with the SS7 have any thoughts? Does it seem feasible? How private are the seats (hopefully not very, with the partition down)?

Thanks so much for any help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.