Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Details and Pictures of the new 777-300ER cabins and new catering service fr Jan 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 29, 2013, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JALPak
For SKY SUITE 777 (SS7) rollout schedule and seat map, please refer to this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jal-m...-seat-map.html

Plans to retrofit other aircrafts:
787: JAL will retrofit its 787 fleet to have products similar to those on SS7 but there's no timeline announced yet

777-200ER: JAL was studying the possibility of installing a variant of JAL SKY SUITE on its 777-200ER but no plans nor timeline announced yet

767-300ER: JAL will retrofit some of its 767-300ER fleet with new long-haul products in summer 2013. Truly lie-flat beds dubbed JAL SKY SUITE II will be installed. The retrofitted 767 will be dubbed as SKY SUITE 767 (SS6). First plane will be deployed on NRT-YVR route in December 2013. More details can be found in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jal-mileage-bank/1471408-jal-announces-sky-suite-767-ss6-details.html
Print Wikipost

Details and Pictures of the new 777-300ER cabins and new catering service fr Jan 2013

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:17 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
English press release is now available: http://press.jal.co.jp/en/release/201209/002250.html
Old Sep 13, 2012, 5:21 am
Original Poster

rumor has it that JAL will showcase the new seats at the JATA Tabi Haku (旅行博) later this month. So those happen to be in Tokyo and are interested can check them out.

http://www.tabihaku.jp
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:08 pm

First Suite - not really any change except for the screen. But it seems to be a good seat already so why change something that's not broken?

Business seat - Looks very good in terms of sleeping comfort, but too many walls everywhere - you'll feel very claustrophobic. And the middle seat - if you're not planning to spend the entire flight sleeping, it really is a disaster. May well end up feeling more coffin-like than the old CX J herringbone, which would be an achievement.

PY - Looks decent but I wonder whether they made the shell-type back recline more comfortable.

Y - Definitely nice to have more space.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stargold
First Suite - not really any change except for the screen. But it seems to be a good seat already so why change something that's not broken?

Business seat - Looks very good in terms of sleeping comfort, but too many walls everywhere - you'll feel very claustrophobic. And the middle seat - if you're not planning to spend the entire flight sleeping, it really is a disaster. May well end up feeling more coffin-like than the old CX J herringbone, which would be an achievement.

PY - Looks decent but I wonder whether they made the shell-type back recline more comfortable.

Y - Definitely nice to have more space.
I think it's only the middle seat that's claustrophobic though. The aisle seats don't have wall on one side of the suite. The window seats have plenty of windows too.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Just a speculation on from me, SS7 might be launching on Jan 5 2013 initially on alternate days....I know seat maps and inventory don't 100% esp in F...but I saw # of seats available + # of seats selected = 8 from Jan 5...so that might be it...just speculating though
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak
Just a speculation on from me, SS7 might be launching on Jan 5 2013 initially on alternate days....I know seat maps and inventory don't 100% esp in F...but I saw # of seats available + # of seats selected = 8 from Jan 5...so that might be it...just speculating though
So stop your speculation.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 2:43 am
Original Poster

More pictures of the seats at the press conference reveal

F and C: http://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/8661
Y and PY: http://www.aviationwire.jp/archives/8635

The JAL SKY SUITE looks really good in these pictures
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:03 am

JAL is really making improvements!!!

With this and Cathay and soon malaysia oneworld will really have quality airlines in Asia!!

http://www.ausbt.com.au/first-photos...n=home-flipper
Old Sep 16, 2012, 1:39 pm

They said meal will change into the new concept in Jan. I highly doubt they will change the meal like 1/3 of the month so is it safe to assume they will launch new menu starting 1/1/2013? or you guys think it will be launched on 1/5/13 (predicted NRT LHR date)?
Old Sep 16, 2012, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by anchor79
They said meal will change into the new concept in Jan. I highly doubt they will change the meal like 1/3 of the month so is it safe to assume they will launch new menu starting 1/1/2013? or you guys think it will be launched on 1/5/13 (predicted NRT LHR date)?
They did change the menu in the middle of the month before. Sometimes they have the fall menu until Dec 15.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 1:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
any dates as to when lax-nrt (JL61/62) will get the new seats?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bylin2000
any dates as to when lax-nrt (JL61/62) will get the new seats?
No schedule has been announced so far. But I expect CDG and FRA to get priority over LAX, after all they have been stuck with Shell Flat for too long. But you never know, LAX could be getting it at the same time as JFK (which is the 2nd route to get SS7 after LHR) due to aircraft routings
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:52 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBS
I am so pleased JAL have signed up to work with BA. I think these seats are going to make the long journey from London a lot less painful.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Comparison of JAL vs ANA. You can see the new business class seats up close at ~5:00 http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/mv/mplus/t...su/post_27158/
Old Sep 18, 2012, 9:13 pm
Suspended

the headrests in Y are a big mistake. when you rest your head, which is round, against a headrest that is also round, there is only one point of contact. therefore, your head will roll left and right. you cannot rest your head against it without some kind of accessory such as a pillow. this was a huge problem in the design of the first class seats in the intercity trains in switzerland. impossible to rest your head and it becomes quite literally a pain in the neck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.