JAL 777-200ER W52 Config

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2012, 3:00 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
JAL 777-200ER W52 Config

http://www.jal.co.jp/aircraft/conf/777er.html

A while back JAL has converted a few 777-200ERs from W51 into W52 configuration. Basically PY seats were all removed and half of the shell flat seats were removed. So this is configured for high density routes with lower premium demand.

But has anyone been onto flights with this config yet? I couldn't seem to find where they are deploying planes with this config (at least not consistently although there were reports of this being used on BKK flight on certain dates). I checked HNL and YVR, don't seem to be using that now and in winter (although winter schedule hasn't been released yet). Also checked BKK and they don't seem to be deploying them on this route daily either.

My guess would be eventually they will be used on BKK flights as they were planning to upgrade the BKK flights to 777...or maybe for chartered flights too I guess

Last edited by JALPak; Jul 14, 2012 at 3:08 am
Old Jul 14, 2012, 4:11 am

Any idea how many planes were converted to this config?

Presumably upgrades would be harder to score on these birds.

However I must say this config looks much more typical compared to the other 777er configs though, the rest were way to optimistic about premium traffic IMAO
Old Jul 14, 2012, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LausanneBoy
Any idea how many planes were converted to this config?

Presumably upgrades would be harder to score on these birds.

However I must say this config looks much more typical compared to the other 777er configs though, the rest were way to optimistic about premium traffic IMAO
Some Japanese online forum said 3
Old Aug 15, 2012, 5:10 am
Original Poster

We got a winner! It's currently loaded for YVR flight in winter although only on Sat and winter schedule hasn't been officially announced (with a press release/official time table on JAL website) yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.