Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Japan Airlines | JAL Mileage Bank
Reload this Page >

Free taxi service for eligible passengers on HND-JFK flight [Jul 23 - Sep 30 2012]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free taxi service for eligible passengers on HND-JFK flight [Jul 23 - Sep 30 2012]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:06 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum

Make your reservation 2 days in advance and JAL will send a taxi to pick you up from one of the eligible areas for free.

Campaign Period
Jul 23 - Sep 30 2012 (ex-HND departure date)

Reservation Deadline
2 days before your HND-JFK flight departure

Eligible Passengers
JL7008/AA134 passengers who bought an eligible one-way or roundtrip First and Executive class fare departing from Japan*. For roundtrip tickets, the inbound flights must be on JAL and AA

Award tickets, oneworld fares, discount spouse fares, child fares, packaged executive class fares, etc are ineligible

More details on: http://www.jal.co.jp/inter/hndnyc_taxicpn/

* Remark: Beanstalk who held an ex-US roundtrip ticket had no problem using this promotion. But of course YMMV.

Last edited by JALPak; Aug 7, 2012 at 2:11 pm Reason: Added remark
Old Jul 26, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT TIT
Thanks for the post. I happen to have a flight from HND to JFK on Aug 5 and was contemplating on transportation options from Hyatt Regency back to the airport early that morning. I filled out the simple request online (with help of Google translator as the site was only in Japanese) and received a confirmation email within 48 hours! Thanks again to JALPAK for the great find.

I scheduled a 4:50am pick up from the hotel for 6:50 departure at HND. Am I being too ambitious and cutting a bit close?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beanstalk
Thanks for the post. I happen to have a flight from HND to JFK on Aug 5 and was contemplating on transportation options from Hyatt Regency back to the airport early that morning. I filled out the simple request online (with help of Google translator as the site was only in Japanese) and received a confirmation email within 48 hours! Thanks again to JALPAK for the great find.

I scheduled a 4:50am pick up from the hotel for 6:50 departure at HND. Am I being too ambitious and cutting a bit close?
Glad that you can take advantage of this campaign

I usually just take the train to HND so don't really know about how long it takes. But google map shows in current traffic (Fri 8am), it could take somewhere between 39 to 45 min to get to HND. I guess 5am should have less traffic and you should be fine? But it wouldn't leave you too much time for the lounge at HND. You probably have to board at around 6:20am right? Maybe other Tokyo based FTers will have a better idea.

Just curious, are you holding an one-way or roundtrip ticket? If it's a roundtrip one, is it one originating from Japan?

Last edited by JALPak; Jul 26, 2012 at 5:11 pm
Old Jul 26, 2012, 8:57 pm

Thanks for the input.

I have a round trip ticket, originating in Boston. HND-JFK is part of the return.

The other option I was considering was taking the airport limousine with hotel pick up at 4:35am and scheduled arrival at HND at 5:15am. I figure the Taxi would be a bit faster.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input.

I have a round trip ticket, originating in Boston. HND-JFK is part of the return.

The other option I was considering was taking the airport limousine with hotel pick up at 4:35am and scheduled arrival at HND at 5:15am. I figure the Taxi would be a bit faster.
I see. JAL website seems to suggest that it's only for tickets originating from Japan. But the AA and actual booking sites do not explicitly state that it has to be an ex-Japan ticket but states the inbound has to be on JAL or AA flight if it's a roundtrip ticket. I assume they checked your eligibility before sending you the confirmation e-mail Please kindly let us know if you went into any problems on your departure date A lot more FTers will be able to take advantage of this campaign if ex-Japan isn't part of the requirements.

Have you checked with the hotel staff about the time you should be leaving the hotel? They probably have a better estimate too
Old Aug 7, 2012, 1:13 pm

Fantastic experience with the taxi service

I just completed my trip from HND to JFK and took advantage of the free taxi promotion from Hyatt Regency Tokyo to the airport. I am happy to report that the entire experience was excellent and stress free. I had arranged for pick up at the hotel at 4:50am. I left my room at 4:45am, checked out at the front desk and was informed that the taxi has already arrived. The car was a seven-passenger van, meticulously clean inside and out and very comfortable. We hit very little traffic as expected on an early Sunday morning and arrived at the airport curbside at exactly 5:15am. The driver was very courteous and bowed deeply to me as I walked away. While I knew that gratuity was not expected, I still felt a little awkward for not doing more to express my appreciation of his outstanding service.

I thought this promotion was excellent and certainly addressed the hesitancy some of us had about the early departure of the flight. Unfortunately, the promotion is only for limited duration. Judging from the full load in First and Business class on my flight, I don't think there will be a strong incentive for them to extend that promotion.

Thanks again, JALPAK, for the heads up on the promotion.
Old Aug 7, 2012, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Judging from the full load in First and Business class on my flight, I don't think there will be a strong incentive for them to extend that promotion.
Unless most people in F and J are upgraders (or worse op-ups)

Good to know it also applies to the ex-US fares

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.